IGNORED

SSGC Submission - Inaccurate Invaders (now with less inaccuracy)

unhuman

No no no no !!!

Fooking Space Invaders !? Freaking animation, colourful, great graphics, full screen movement and totally accurate !?!?? Totally fooking playable !!!?!

It’s totally beyond me ! After one amazing go/play, I had to go and look for machine code in the source ... And there’s none !?

I would never ever have thought this possible with XB – and if so, it would be a demo, not something playable. This is the one to beat. This will be the winner. This is mission impossible.

:lust:

• Like 1

Holy crap. I never expected a response like that. You almost made me cry. Thank you. Last time I programmed a game for the TI was probably 1989-ish. The time per line was quite high for me.

I still like Cyber-Run.

-Howie (not be be confused with Howard/Codex - altho he's a jeeeeniooous)

No no no no !!!

Fooking Space Invaders !? Freaking animation, colourful, great graphics, full screen movement and totally accurate !?!?? Totally fooking playable !!!?!

It's totally beyond me ! After one amazing go/play, I had to go and look for machine code in the source ... And there's none !?

I would never ever have thought this possible with XB – and if so, it would be a demo, not something playable. This is the one to beat. This will be the winner. This is mission impossible.

:lust:

Sorry about my language and all. I’m still in shock ...

I’ve been having these plans about redoing TI Invaders for Flash and Java (that’s two separate projects) and maybe even emulate the 9918 in the process (for future projects). For that reason I had already taken a good look at how TI Invaders pulls off the hordes. And then you come along and do it in XB. Shock ! And then with a straitjacket on (30 liner limit). Double shock !!

• 1 month later...

Not sure how that could've happened. Oh crap. Can't allow any more motions, etc. The game is already at it's limit for what it can do checking wise. It's packed tight. Wonder if I didn't do "new" between working stuff and just got lucky. Who knows.

I'm tempted to say leave it in, or at minimum just cap the range of the player's vertical motion. It adds to the game, giving it that "field of motion" that some of the post-Invaders vertical shooters had.

In your joystick routine, just don't allow for up or down motion... It might in fact decrease the length of code. :) But I like the concept too of having a bit of vertical motion. :) Still slick man--- haven't tested it on real gear yet, but I'll do that during the judging phase. :)

• 1 year later...