IGNORED

ColecoVision Mr. DO! Poster & Maybe More...

pboland

I've been thinking about this for a while. I have put together a 12" x 16" (borderless) Mr. DO! poster and have the ability to put together a lot more different ones as well (See my avatar pic for just one example). This poster was made form a high resolution scan of the original. It was then enhanced to fix some of the flaws (a lot like I did for the cartridge labels seen here and other places on the net: Colecovision Labels Thread) and its aspect ratio slightly altered to fit a standard 12" x 16" frame. Here are a few pics of the Mr. DO! Let me know what you guys think. Anyone else interested having posters like these? I think I can set up something for a reasonable price if the interest is there. BTW, I have scans of a lot more flyers than just Mr. DO!

post-9874-126835031679_thumb.jpg post-9874-126835034101_thumb.jpg

Count the monkey in. Yurkie is making these posters too BTW.

Thanks Cebus Capucinis. Yes I saw Yurkie's. They look really good. I thought I would offer mine for those who might want a larger size or ones he may not have.

Here's are a few more I have ready to go. I also, realized that I can also do some totally custom ones as well (Mappy ;) ).

post-9874-126843566387_thumb.jpg post-9874-126843567268_thumb.jpgpost-9874-126843568211_thumb.jpg

post-9874-126843569044_thumb.jpg post-9874-126843569781_thumb.jpg

So how much for a set? :D

Well, there's going to be 50 different posters in all (That's not including the 2 Gemini ones or the 14 Coleco Intellivison ones). I haven't figured out a price yet. It's looking like it might cost about $15.00 per poster (12" x 16" photo card matte borderless, no frame, not including shipping). With frame would be an additional $20.00 plus what ever shipping would be.

Here are the different ones I have (keep in mind these pics are unedited):

Super_Action_Football.jpgsuper_act_control2.jpgsuper_act_control1.jpg

subroc.jpgSpace_Panic.jpgSpace_Fury.jpg

smurfs_treasure_hunt.jpgsmurf.jpgSlither.jpg

Blackjack_Poker.jpgexpanmod3games.jpgdracula.jpg

donkey_kong_junior.jpgdonkey_kong_jr.jpgdonkey_kong1.jpg

donkey_kong.jpgDestruction_Derby.jpgcosmic_avenger.jpg

carnival.jpgbuck_rogers.jpgwizard_of_wor.jpg

Wizard_of_Oz.jpgWild_Western.jpgVictory.jpg

venture.jpgtunnels_and_trolls.jpgTimePilot.jpg

Tarzan.jpgTac-Scan.jpgSword_and_the_Sorcerer.jpg

Gorf.jpgzaxxon.jpgzaxxon1.jpg

galaxian.jpgfrogger.jpgFrenzy.jpg

expansion_mod3.jpgexpansion_mod2.jpgexpansion_mod1.jpg

Looping.jpgladybug.jpgperma_power.jpg

Pepper_II.jpgpac-man.jpgms_pac-man.jpg

mr_do.jpgmouse_trap.jpgsking.jpg

roller_controller.jpgRocky.jpg

Mappy? I wasn't even aware that Coleco was considering releasing that. Or is that a homebrew idea that someone is doing?

Tempest

The Mappy is a custom. Think of it as a wish game for the system. That's why I stated:

...I also, realized that I can also do some totally custom ones as well (Mappy ;) ).

I used a screen shot of the MSX version. I figured it would look pretty close to that.

Okay, this one took me awhile. I like the game Berzerk and after do the game label (seen here), I thought it would be really cool to make up a Coleco Table top Berzerk flyer. This flyer was never made. The closest was this one:

Berzerk%20-%20Coleco.jpg

and here it is, the new Coleco Table Top Berzerk Poster (12"x 16"):

post-9874-126914229965_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

I know this topic is a little old. I'm now up and running on a new computer so I figured it's time to pull the trigger on this. Here's the deal;

If purchasing one 12x16 poster I have no problem doing it for $20 (that includes the print, the tube, and Priority mail shipping within the lower 48 states). Since I have to use a USPS tube, I will need to roll the poster. I also only take payment via paypal. If you want any other posters with the initial order, it will be an additional $15 per poster. I'm sorry but I can not supply a frame. PM me if you are interested. I can tell you that I don't have them all cleaned up, but I have no problem cleaning them up if the order comes in.

Wow these l00k great!

It's funny when you look at the Buck Rogers poster how good the UFOs l00k compared to the ones in the game that resemble sunny-side-up eggs.

I'd think you would want to ditch shipping the posters framed. I'd have to believe that shipping the posters by themselves in a tube would be lower cost and less of a headache. If the posters are standard size, buyers can just go to their local Michael's-type store and pick their poison.

EDIT - never mind I saw you stated that you were ditching the frame. Good call!

Did anyone buy these and post pix or feedback?

Edited by rmaerz

Here are some of the updated posters. The Sword and the Sorcerer, Tunnels & Trolls, I updated the box art for those. I got an order for a Dracula, so I got that one done as well. I did however update the box art on the Dracula slightly.

post-9874-0-34461700-1322523208_thumb.jpg post-9874-0-05251300-1322523224_thumb.jpg post-9874-0-11664400-1322523233_thumb.jpg

post-9874-0-72979200-1322523243_thumb.jpg post-9874-0-42236200-1322523252_thumb.jpg post-9874-0-26460900-1322523263_thumb.jpg

I will be working on Tarzan next.

Edited by pboland
  • Like 1

WOW! I really love these :lust: They look great! I was wondering if there was any chance of Power Lords, Steamroller, Video Hustler, Quest for Quintana Roo or River Raid getting done?

I will have to do a little research. If I can get good scans of the boxes (or make a good knock off), get the rom images, and see the manuals for them, I don't see why I can't make them. The question is would you buy them? Making them from scratch is a lot of work. I will give it some thought.

Edited by pboland