IGNORED

What is your prized item in your Vectrex collection?

the-topdog

There are few Vectrex topics on AtariAge, yet it seems that most of the people here that show pictures of their collections, you see Vectrex items in the pictures. I personally love the Vectrex, it is tied for first place as my all-time favorite gaming console.

I thought it would be neat if people would show off their prized items in their Vectrex collection to give the system a little more recognition. Like do you have a boxed 3D Imager? ...a prototype cartridge? ...a carrying case or dust cover? ...Minestorm II or the elusive Mr Boston? Let everyone know here what makes your Vectrex Arcade great.

I have two items in my collection that I am particularly happy to have. One is my CIB 3D Imager, which as I understand it, is the first foray into 3D in the home gaming market.

But the crown jewels of my Vectrex collection so far has to be my Passport Owner's Club Magazines. Not to be confused with the Passport Catalog flier sent out with nearly all Vectrex systems and game cartridges. http://www.geekvintage.com/gce-vectrex-passport-magazine.php

There was only one issue of the Passport Magazine, which was only sent out to members of the Vectrex Owner's Club, making it one of the most rare items for your Vectrex.

gce-vectrex-passport-magazine-front.jpggce-vectrex-passport-magazine-back.jpg

Even though I have a complete collection of the commercially released items for the Vectrex... I still feel there are more items for me to obtain to have truly complete collection in my mind... Mr Boston and Minestorm II

Edited by the-topdog

I love my Vectrex and it is def one of my favorite items in my collection. It is so interesting and there is nothing else like it. Plus it can not be properly emulated. I don't have anything rare but to me my complete boxed Vectrex unit is one of my most prized possessions in my entire collection period.

Well, I was going to say Star Castle, but it looks like y'all got me pretty well beat.

Star Castle is a great title for the Vectrex, and one of my favorites to play on it. On the standard, non light pen, non-3d games, Star Castle and Pole Position rank like R7+ The only standard games that rank higher are Polar Rescue at R8, Minestorm II at R9 and Mr Boston at R10.

Edited by the-topdog

Here are two more items I love. I don't know how rare overseas these are but, the only two MB Boxes I have ever owned. I love the Star Ship box. Guess they couldn't get the rights to Star Trek Abroad. Maybe you Overseas Collectors can tell me the rarity of these boxes. Discuss and enjoy. BTW they are both complete. HHW

100_2263.jpg

I'd love to see more pics of your Vectrex collection, just to be awed by it :)

I have attached some pics of most of my Vectrex collection. I have one other boxed Vectrex Arcade, a loose one I built out of spare parts, a Sean Kelly Multicart and my Pasport Magazines not pictured... I will take some complete shots this week sometime and post them. you can see individual shots of each here http://www.geekvintage.com/gce-vectrex.php

But two other items I am proud of in my collection are the original Vectrex carry case and the original Vectrex dust cover. Both of these items were only available via the order form on the back of the passport magazine or by the order form included in the 3D Imager box.

You can also see my ArcadeTime watch hanging in the picture, it was also built by GCE.

post-24636-126989102545_thumb.jpg

post-24636-126989105113_thumb.jpg

Edited by the-topdog

Here are two more items I love. I don't know how rare overseas these are but, the only two MB Boxes I have ever owned. I love the Star Ship box. Guess they couldn't get the rights to Star Trek Abroad. Maybe you Overseas Collectors can tell me the rarity of these boxes. Discuss and enjoy. BTW they are both complete. HHW

I have toyed around with collecting the European Milton Bradley and Japanese Bandai releases of each game as well, but have not committed to it... currently for international cartridges I only have a loose Bandai "Scramble Wars" cartridge w/manual.

post-24636-126989265946_thumb.jpg

I have attached some pics of most of my Vectrex collection. I have one other boxed Vectrex Arcade, a loose one I built out of spare parts, a Sean Kelly Multicart and my Pasport Magazines not pictured... I will take some complete shots this week sometime and post them. you can see individual shots of each here http://www.geekvinta...gce-vectrex.php

But two other items I am proud of in my collection are the original Vectrex carry case and the original Vectrex dust cover. Both of these items were only available via the order form on the back of the passport magazine or by the order form included in the 3D Imager box.

You can also see my ArcadeTime watch hanging in the picture, it was also built by GCE.

Very, very nice :)

I'm a relatively new Vectrex owner, and only have the 72-in-1 multi-cart, Chuck's homebrew lightpen, and several carts. Out of all the systems I own, the Vectrex has rapidly become one of my all-time favorites. I always wanted one as a kid, but it never happened. I'm astounded by what an amazingly awesome system it is.

Hopefully in time I will be able to assemble even part of the amazing collection you have :D

I forgot you had that absolutely GORGEOUS custom job Vectrex.... icon_love.gificon_lust.gificon_lust.gif Such beautiful overlays!

I didn't the first time he showed me that, I thought it was proto. icon_lust.gif Nonner work is amazing. icon_mrgreen.gif

Thanks Guys!icon_mrgreen.gif

I cant take credit for the vectrex cab art. But I will on the 3D Imager Box the redesigned VecFlash art & just about all my other Vectrex goodies tho.

I have attached some pics of most of my Vectrex collection. I have one other boxed Vectrex Arcade, a loose one I built out of spare parts, a Sean Kelly Multicart and my Pasport Magazines not pictured... I will take some complete shots this week sometime and post them. you can see individual shots of each here http://www.geekvinta...gce-vectrex.php

Very nice collection. Dammit. I need that 3d Imager box. I have the Cart goggles and instructions. It is all I need to have everyThing American CIB , Except Mind Minestorm 2 and Mr Boston. I don't count those. :P

Very nice collection. Dammit. I need that 3d Imager box. I have the Cart goggles and instructions. It is all I need to have everyThing American CIB , Except Mind Minestorm 2 and Mr Boston. I don't count those. :P

I finally got a boxed 3D Imager a couple moths ago from a fellow AtariAger and that made me soooo happy and completed my collection. Then I sold my loose imager to another AtariAger.

But like you I still need Minestorm II and Mr Boston... but I do not count those as original releases. One was promotional and one was a bug fix.

Not as nice but I still love it. Homebrew light pen, Vecmania and the 72-1 Flashcart.

Very nice. A Vectrex, especially a boxed one, is a great addition to anyone's collection... and they are just so friggin fun to play. :D

Thanks other than the small mark on the front its perfect inside and out. It is friggin crazy fun to play,its a mini arcade :)