IGNORED

My Air Raid Auction Update

Tanman

What if the people involved with the game were from Mena, Arkansas. The area in general has excellent Rainbow trout fishing and is surrounded by Quachita National Forest. Interestingly enough, there is a retail company in that city called Men Rainbow. They deal with retail trade in home furniture, furnishing, household appliances, and some electronics.

Ironically, the sale price of the ebay auction last night may have been worth more than it took those original guys to make their entire run of manufactured games at the time, if it was all home brewed. If the original people involved in the original game ever caught wind of this, they might have to search for their own original prototypes still around in their garages. Either that, or their jaw has dropped in awe by how incredibly well their game is currently doing on the open market. I think anyone involved with that "company" probably won't end up stepping forward anytime soon because of the embarrassing legal implications of being associated with this, especially if it was a rogue employee from an actual legal company who was doing some moonlighting on the side for what they thought would be some easy cash. I would think that they would be within 10 years of retirement age anyway by now, so maybe in a few more years it'll come out in the open what happened once they don't have to fear that they'll lose their current jobs.

Your thoughts?

Interesting points. While I doubt both, I would not be shocked if either ended up being true.

Wow! :-o I haven't been here in a couple weeks and hadn't seen this! Wow! Simply Amazing!! :o

Congrats to Tanman & Wonder!! Great auction and glad to see a fellow AAer win! Seriously though who else would've won it. ;)

I hope the museum talk is in the works or does eventually come about in some way. I would love to see this in person some day.

Concerning investments, I'd say that talk is nonsense. There is no certainty in quantities even when something as rare as this pops up, there's no way of knowing whether a whole pallet's worth isn't sitting around in a warehouse somewhere. It only takes 1 auction like this to generate the buzz and then it's just another R5 barely breaking 50 bucks...

Take that NES! You with your "not a real game" $15,000 contest carts!

Atari VCS takes the lead!

The NES Nintendo game Stadium Events (NIB) sold for $40k just a couple weeks ago. :ponder:

Just imagine if someone found an NIB sealed Air Raid! $31k for an opened box.....sealed would probably fetch $40k at least!

The NES Nintendo game Stadium Events (NIB) sold for $40k just a couple weeks ago. :ponder:

Just imagine if someone found an NIB sealed Air Raid! $31k for an opened box.....sealed would probably fetch $40k at least!

I'll be honest, like I said earlier, I honestly thought it was going to be between $20k to $22k, but I was 10K off, and that un-open, if it was sealed, I actually think it would surpass $40k easily...

Would it be inappropriate to ask what Wonder007 does for a living and what his annual income is? :ponder:

I would think so....yeah.

I am just a workin' guy and I would be offended if someone other than my accountant asked to know my annual income.

Wp

Oh I know. Tongue planted firmly in cheek. We need one of those emoticons since the winky one is just doesn't seem appropriate enough. :grin:

Ok, I put the Air Raid cartridge into one of those blue stand alone mailboxes you find on the corner to be mailed to Wonder. I figured the box the cartridge came in was strong enough to handle the trip so I just used some heavy opaque tape to keep the ends closed. I used self adhesive stamps so those should peel right off. And I didn't want to write the address on the box so I used one of those really big postit notes. This should conclude the transaction and thanks to everyone!

Tanner

just kidding

• Like 4

Ok, I put the Air Raid cartridge into one of those blue stand alone mailboxes you find on the corner to be mailed to Wonder. I figured the box the cartridge came in was strong enough to handle the trip so I just used some heavy opaque tape to keep the ends closed. I used self adhesive stamps so those should peel right off. And I didn't want to write the address on the box so I used one of those really big postit notes. This should conclude the transaction and thanks to everyone!

Tanner

just kidding

:ponder: No Bubbelope?

:rolling:

AX

Would it be inappropriate to ask what Wonder007 does for a living and what his annual income is? :ponder:

I would think so....yeah.

I am just a workin' guy and I would be offended if someone other than my accountant asked to know my annual income.

Wp

To be honest not me, I wouldn't be offended if anyone asked me what I did for a living or what my income was. Whether your working your dream job or not or at the moment your unemployed and collecting unemployment checks or you haven't worked at all your whole life and living off your parents, so what. Some people have to work overtime to make ends meet and some just lounge around and are living real nice or you might be that average person that doesn't care how you live but either way, I don't see anything wrong with that question. Some people lie and make themselves sound like their rich and some are proud to say the truth, but regardless, if you have a family and your providing a roof over their head and food on the table be proud of that and if your single and don't have any kids, living alone and your providing a roof over your head and food on the table, be proud of that and last if your collecting unemplyment checks til you find a job or your living at home and living off of them, so what, atleast you got a roof over your head. Things can be worse a lot worse, you can be one of those millions of people homeless doing whatever it takes to survive and yet most of them are doing that with a smile on their face cause there still alive and for them theres still a chance they can turn things around. Just be proud of who you are no matter what it is...

Edited by puertorico1980

Tanner

just kidding

Bah, you could have just used dry erase marker directly on the box and saved the .04 you paid for that post-it note! :D I'm sure the dry-erase marker would have wiped off easily enough!

• Like 1

Tanner

just kidding

If it were me, I'd have tied the game to a pigeon and told it where to go. To each their own ;-)

im sure cpuwiz is working on the sealed one as we speak