IGNORED

PLEASE LOCK: Sega Genesis Everdrive Flash Cart Bulk Order Thread

the.golden.ax

This will be moved to a new thread soon. At the point that it does, I'll be posting the terms and sending a PM to every name on the list. You are not obligated to purchase if you are on the current list. The new thread will contain paid names only. If you decide you don't want one you can simply choose to opt out at that point. No problem. This was kind of a pre-order interest check, so no worries if your name is still up there and you are not sure if you can do it yet. There will be two weeks for payments to come in before the Western Union is sent off to Igor. I need to get with Mark and Nonner and see how the project is shaping up. I had preliminary proof of concepts for the insert and cart shell last week. @Mark and Nonner, feel free to post anything you have over here.

Thanks!

AX

Does not make sense that it wont work with a CDX or model 3???...thats just weird.icon_ponder.gif

I dont believe it..

But it may have the firmware down the road to play 32x gamesm but you still need the 32x add on.

Also plays FMV pretty well.

The 3 may work, I was incorrect, it was NOMAD, that Mark said didn't work. Nomad and CDX. It may also be just the SMS parts (I guess they omitted the SMS processors from those decks?)

AX

I have an SMS to Genesis cart adapter and it worked the last time I tried an SMS game on my Nomad so I don't know why this new cart wouldn't work. It was some airplane game, I can't remember which. I don't know if all SMS games work with the adapter.

Does anyone know? Is there a chance they might fix this before the mass purchase? I only use my Nomad and would like a flash/SD cart if it works with the Nomad.

Works on NTSC for sure.

I found out from the SEGA-16 guy again that in order to update the firmware of the Everdrive, a highly custom and expensive cable is needed to interface with a PC Parallel port, the ByteBlaster II. "OS" updates are done via SD card. Still a bit confusing. Given we haven't ordered anything yet, the updates already done should be there.

Current firmware updates are:

v2 - SMS Pause

v3 - Super Street Fighter II

v4 - 32X games now load/play on 32X

Edited by Greg2600

Just to let you know, mine arrived this morning.

I had a problem formatting the SD card on my PC, but there is an option to format the card in the everdrive menu. Loaded up some roms and off we go :)

Really neat device.

Mine came with OS v4 and FV v4 installed

Now to start cutting that smash tv cart:evil:

We will still be doing this at some point but Nonner got hurt and I got flooded so give it a few extra weeks. I'll still PM everyone on the list when it gets closer to the time. Worst case you have to wait a couple more weeks and the product is more up to date (Igor seems to be busy with great updates all the time).

Thanks,

AX

Man, axe, that's right, you're in Tennessee. Hope damage isn't too bad. Get well to Nonner.

Has anyone seen the design Assemblygames or whatever that forum did? It's a forum you can't even view without an account, and I have no interest joining!