1. 1. Vote for:

• Pac-man
    • Gorf
    • Donkey Kong Jr
    • Mario Bros.
    • Mr Do!
    • Montezumas Revenge

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

ARRRGH! I did suggest Montezuma's Revenge (16K fixed), but nobody listened. ;)

That's not much of a list, but I had a word with nobody and he added it to the vote, kinda spoiled the arcade classics theme, well sort of... there you go, see what I do for you, now you're gonna tell me you already voted for something else :D

p.s. where's your 'best of basic' scores :D

That's not much of a list, but I had a word with nobody and he added it to the vote, kinda spoiled the arcade classics theme, well sort of... there you go, see what I do for you, now you're gonna tell me you already voted for something else :D

Thanks for having a word with nobody. I've talked to nobody quite a few times myself. He's a nice guy. (but doesn't say much)

When I played those "best of BASIC" games, I took a screenshot of each one. When I went to list my best scores, I noticed that many of the screenshots didn't show the damn score. I said, "damn it!" (actually used harsher words), deleted the screenshots and just gave up any hope of competing. I just can't force myself to play those games again.

Thanks for having a word with nobody. I've talked to nobody quite a few times myself. He's a nice guy. (but doesn't say much)

When I played those "best of BASIC" games, I took a screenshot of each one. When I went to list my best scores, I noticed that many of the screenshots didn't show the damn score. I said, "damn it!" (actually used harsher words), deleted the screenshots and just gave up any hope of competing. I just can't force myself to play those games again.

Go on go on go on go on, just think of all those HSC points for such little effort, apart from escape where you'll need to put in some effort to qualify ;) There much improved (dld new ATR) since you last played :D

Mr. Do!

Now don't upset Mr.A., all that effort to get Monty in and you go and vote for Mr Do!

p.s. I voted Doo too... though I hacked my copy years ago as it needed more lives so will be tough to play with only 3 ;)

p.p.s. you're losing to a 9 year old in the bonus tourney :D

When does the bonus tourney end? I still gotta get crackin' on that just to qualify in everything.

April 30th 2010 11:59:59 in some time zone that's mutually acceptable to all ;)

everyone - please post scores as you go, don't wait 'till you've played all 10... screenshots are optional :)

I voted for Pac-Man because I have, and love, that one. I'd like to eventually to see Montezuma's Revenge in the competetion, but I need to buy a copy first. Can you wait a few weeks for that one? I can pick one up soon. I had it on disk, but the disk died. However, I've been eyeing the cart at Video 61.

Edited by littleman jack

When does the bonus tourney end? I still gotta get crackin' on that just to qualify in everything.

everyone - please post scores as you go, don't wait 'till you've played all 10... screenshots are optional :)

Perhaps, you want to people to pick 3 or 5 out of 10 to play.

That link states it's Utopia Software for the "Revenge" game not Parker Brothers.

Perhaps, you want to people to pick 3 or 5 out of 10 to play.

That link states it's Utopia Software for the "Revenge" game not Parker Brothers.

Thanks, Link updated. It doesn't take long to play all 10 but it's up to you... I've just played them all now and have hit the qualifying scores (shock) so I qualify for a 5 pt bonus :D

Voted... mmm, Montezuma's Revenge...

Thanks for voting Montezuma. You'd be on my Christmas card list... if I had one. ;)

I hope the vote isn't for the Utopia version. I don't like that stupid bat and burning ropes. The main reason I liked Montezuma back in the day was because it was the first game I played that didn't have any time limit. The bat and burning ropes in the Utopia version are a form of time limit.

Is there even a working copy of the Utopia version? Every file I've tried gets to a point where there's a rolling skull in the top corner of the screen and all other enemies and objects disappear from every screen.

Voted... mmm, Montezuma's Revenge...

Thanks for voting Montezuma. You'd be on my Christmas card list... if I had one. ;)

I hope the vote isn't for the Utopia version. I don't like that stupid bat and burning ropes. The main reason I liked Montezuma back in the day was because it was the first game I played that didn't have any time limit. The bat and burning ropes in the Utopia version are a form of time limit.

Is there even a working copy of the Utopia version? Every file I've tried gets to a point where there's a rolling skull in the top corner of the screen and all other enemies and objects disappear from every screen.

Parker Bros version is what we're voting on.... I only had a copy: the utopia ver, hacked extra lives on it and got stuck eventually never finding the end, didn't realise there was a different (released) ver until years later - are you saying the gameplay is different - they took out the bats and ropes etc? Might have to give this a play anyway always wanted to beat it :)