IGNORED

Nolan Bushnell rejoins Atari

Nall3k

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/19/nolan-bushnell-and-tom-virden-join-atari-board/

Apparently Atari founder Nolan Bushnell has ended his recent revisit with game development, as the publisher announced today the addition of Bushnell to its executive board alongside "online entrepreneur" Tom Virden. This is the second executive acquisition announcement that Atari has made in recent days, with John Burns, former European head of EA's online publishing, joining up just last week. The company has said it's focusing on moving towards an online-based business, and today's appointments will be overseeing that transition with the rest of the Audit Committee (a.k.a. the executive board).

"I am very excited to be reacquainted with Atari at a time when it is poised to make interesting strides in key growth areas of the games industry," Bushnell said. "The company and its iconic brands have always been important to me, and I look forward to further guiding them at the board level."

Meanwhile, Atari has also announced the resignations of David Gardner, former CEO and director at Infogrames, and Phil Harrison, former Atari president turned board member. Happy trails!

Beat you to it by 2 minutes. ;)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/161774-nolan-worms-his-way-on-to-atari-board/page__fromsearch__1

Hopefully people don't take this as anything more than a PR stunt, and not a "return of Steve Jobs" type thing.

Hopefully people don't take this as anything more than a PR stunt, and not a "return of Steve Jobs" type thing.

Well of course not. Jobs actually had something to offer Apple when he came back. Well I guess Bushnell can merge his highly successfull gaming restaurant with Infotari.

Well of course not. Jobs actually had something to offer Apple when he came back. Well I guess Bushnell can merge his highly successfull gaming restaurant with Infotari.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Edited by ThelonelyAlien