IGNORED

ADAMCon 22, June 18-20, 2010

newcoleco

First thread URL : http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/157528-adamcon-22-june-18-20-2010/

I did talk about this Coleco event long time ago in the Coleco section, but it appears that I should also talk about it here, in the most general event space, or otherwise I'm a bad person that can't promote well an event like this.

Hello,

My name is Daniel Bienvenu, programmer of various ColecoVision homebrew games since 1999. It's with all my english skills (still not perfect yet) that I'm inviting you to be part of the only Coleco convention that still exists today. It's the 22nd year for this annual meeting and I'm in charge for the first time this year to organize and promote it the best I can do.

You can take it as an occasion for you to meet people who did keep alive this convention and share your passion about Coleco and related subjects. You can also take it as an opportunity to go back in time and meet again these people because it's not your first time going to the annual convention. And you can also take it as a possibility for you to meet me and other Coleco programmers in person.

I can't hide it, there will be presentations about Coleco and related subjects, but it's not the only thing to be part of, like a social activity (visiting the town), various contests and challenges, and more. Prizes for some participants, great experience memories for everyone.

Please consider taking a look at the registration form at the following link and then decide if you want to give it a try and be part of an almost all Coleco experience. Do it now.

Registration form available at this URL ( it's something to print, not an online registration form ) : http://ann.hollowdreams.com/

I can officially announce that I'll be there. I'll bring a few brand new copies of Gulkave, Girl's Garden and perhaps even Peek-a-boo, which people will be able to buy from me, and I will also show a playable demo of Pitfall II Arcade. I may also show a half-finished (yet totally playable) prototype of Track & Field.

I will also bring an ADAM computer (perhaps even two of them) which will actually be for sale, together with accessories such as a couple of ADAM disk drives. Just make me a good offer when you meet me at the convention, pay up, and it will be yours to take home with you. I still have to take all that ADAM hardware out of storage and test it before the show, and I'll probably do that sometime in May. I will post the complete inventory of ADAM items for sale in this very thread.

I'm hoping CollectorVision will be there to show off Burn Rubber. I tested the game with retroillucid a couple of weeks ago with two steering wheels, and everything worked like a charm. If he does bring it, I'll be sure to bring my own steering wheel. Perhaps J-F will show off a few more prototype titles as well, like the ellusive Pooyan? ;)

Anyway, this will be my first ADAMCon, so I'm definately looking forward to it. :D

I'm hoping CollectorVision will be there to show off Burn Rubber. I tested the game with retroillucid a couple of weeks ago with two steering wheels, and everything worked like a charm. If he does bring it, I'll be sure to bring my own steering wheel. Perhaps J-F will show off a few more prototype titles as well, like the ellusive Pooyan? ;)

I'll be there for a day for sure! :D

I'll bring some games for sale too (Mario Bros, Penguin Land etc.)

And YES, I'll bring a steering wheel with Burn Rubber! :cool:

I'll also bring the "Almost Completed" Pooyan

My ADAM Prototype and couple of other interesting items ;)

@Luc: Do you have an Expansion ADAM for sale (not the standalone)? I'm looking for one! ;)

I will be there for the weekend for sure, perhaps all or part of Friday as well if I can arrange the time off.

This will be my 4th ADAMCon. Went to #1, #2 (fast fwd 19 yrs) #21

I will only bring items for sale/trade if an interest is made up front.

J-F I do have an ADAM expansion #3 if you dont find one elsewhere.

As far as agenda items go, I wouldnt mind hearing about ADAM storage options in some detail, like how to get a hard drive, zip drive, or some kinda flash memory device up and running.