IGNORED

FS: Monkey Labs Atari Lampshades!

See my latest post. These two completed lampshades are being sold @ $25 each plus shipping. They are not as refined as my newest process is and I need to offload them for moving. $25 each. $50 for the pair. Can't beat it!

post-24585-127248951319_thumb.jpgpost-24585-127248951788_thumb.jpgpost-24585-12724895229_thumb.jpgpost-24585-127248952763_thumb.jpg

Lampshade: "VCS Goes to the Movies" -- This lampshade features 20th Century Fox 2600 titles! I really like this one and think with a black light added for additional color it will look really, really cool!

post-24585-127250023808_thumb.jpgpost-24585-127250024465_thumb.jpgpost-24585-12725002514_thumb.jpgpost-24585-127250025787_thumb.jpg

Custom lampshade info is below:

Thanks to suggestions from a selection of members, Monkey Labs is now going to be selling lampshades. Much like the lamps these are custom-made to your specifications and you'll pick the box scans, of course! :) The lampshades will be $50 plus shipping, the bigger one (that Al's lamp has) is obviously a large-size box but will be light so shipping shouldn't be too bad.

I don't want to spam every thread with pictures (and I promise this is the last thread I make that is lamp-related) so I'm just going to toss two of them in here.

post-24585-127212460953_thumb.jpg

Here are links to some other pictures:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/161960-for-order-monkey-labs-production-atari-lamps/page__fromsearch__1

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/161958-atari-lamp-v30/page__fromsearch__1

These take quite an extensive bit of work to get completed, and as I stated in the other thread it's about $25-$30 in materials alone to start the project.

If you're interested in just a lampshade drop me a PM or post in here, I'm usually around AtariAge all day. :lol:

For the record, as stated in that other thread, the smaller lampshade pictured is completed and ready for a buyer. If you want a lampshade but don't want anything specific, that one's already done.:D Smaller lampshade has been sold!

I have a lamp with an oatmeal can base just sitting here. Since I always keep one black light around, I purchased a Circline fluorescent black light for this lamp several years ago along with a purple lamp shade.

Now, since I've had Starpath titles 1 through 10 ever since 1983, I think it's only appropriate to ask if you can make one of these from the scans of Starpath box art, scans of the tape inserts, or even scans of the tapes themselves since the prototypes I have don't have box art or the inserts that go in a typical cassette case.

EDIT: If you want, I'll even send you the black lamp shade to work with.

Edited by shadow460

I could do that shadow, sure! My only concern is that with a non-white lampshade the light won't filter through properly with the additional layer, but I can experiment around with it and see. If you want to use the blacklight with the lampshade you've already got, sure, you can always send it to me and that'll knock $15 off the price. :)

Feel free to toss a PM my way with more info or whatnot. I can certainly get started on something like that easily and it would look cool! :thumbsup:

What, the prototypes don't have art? :ponder:

:cool:

Nope, they don't:

post-7210-127216044777_thumb.jpgpost-7210-127216046267_thumb.jpg

That's not the Labyrinth we're familiar with, BTW. I can play through all of the third maze! :D

EDIT: I'd ask him for the art to 11 and 12 but I didn't have "official" copies of them with my collection.

Oh, hey, has ShyOne ever thought about doing a different box for Labyrinth?

Edited by shadow460

I just wanted to add a couple things: The two lampshades that I have made so far are both 12" diameter. They are also both 9" tall, but the 'smaller' one is conical with a 9" diameter hole on top. The 'bigger' one is cylindrical, so 12" diameter all the way.

These lampshades are a silk-blend material which is extra-thin, so it really lets the light shine through. Works great. However, you're not just limited to those two choices. You name it, I can get it, more than likely, via the intertubes if nothing else. That involves shipping time, though, so that may be a little longer & incur an extra charge.

I've got a couple pre-orders in now but am more than willing to take my gobs and gobs of free unemployed time to make these. This is the hardest part of making a lamp, though, so don't expect same-day turnaround. It'll take 2-3 days to get one done.

Payment will only be due when I complete your lampshade and you get it shipped. When I PM you to let you know it's shipped, that's when payment will be due (shipping + $40 lampshade + additional 'finder fee' if you need a special lampshade). I don't want to take anyone's money until I can provide an actual product.

Nope, they don't:

Picture 95.jpgPicture 96.jpg

That's not the Labyrinth we're familiar with, BTW. I can play through all of the third maze! :D

EDIT: I'd ask him for the art to 11 and 12 but I didn't have "official" copies of them with my collection.

I did the Labyrinth art for Rick's proto release, you didn't think it was somewhat fitting? :(

Why don't you guys buy a bunch of lampshades with different Labyrinth box arts on them to see which looks best, eh? ;)

Of course I bet ninety beelyon dollars that ShyOne could make a lampshade that makes mine look like a pre-schooler made it. :D I'd probably buy HER lampshade instead of making my own! LOL

Nope, they don't:

I did the Labyrinth art for Rick's proto release, you didn't think it was somewhat fitting? :(

Isn't that the artwork that's on the Labyrinth one could buy in the AA store? I didn't realize that was your work. That means it's close enough to be from the same source!

In case you members across the drink aren't sure, I will ship internationally. I did get a request to ship to Spain and it was $17/$30 for Parcel/Priority. I'm more than comfortable shipping overseas for actual shipping and I won't charge anything beyond ACTUAL shipping. :)

In case you members across the drink aren't sure, I will ship internationally. I did get a request to ship to Spain and it was $17/$30 for Parcel/Priority. I'm more than comfortable shipping overseas for actual shipping and I won't charge anything beyond ACTUAL shipping. :)

I was me :) I've tried to check if a US lampshade would fit in a European lamp with little success. I found even a lampshade faq but was bored to death after 5 mins!

Nope, they don't:

Umm I think 99.999 percent (the .001 being left out to account for you) of atari fans would go with the known artwork for Phaser Patrol. :roll:

These are now listed on Etsy at:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/crazyatarinerd

There is a mark-up for non-AA users so if you want one please contact me through AtariAge and I'll give you the "AA Member Discount". I can't afford to keep making these if there are no sales aside from the customs I am doing with the lamps and the one custom I have sold, so if you are genuinely interested I would recommend contacting me ASAP before I decide to pull the plug on this art project, which I am considering doing.

For those of you who are concerned about price point, let me tell you that the lampshades take a minimum of 4 hours to complete (I timed it doing these two and I assume for the ones I did for shadow and Al it was more like 6-7 hours). Calculated cost for materials is $32, so I'm only getting $8 for my time. $8 / 5 hours = $1.60 an hour on average assuming I can sell them.

I'm not really doing this because money is my primary interest. I could use some extra funds to go to CGE, and making a few bucks here and there will certainly help, but mostly I'm doing this because I enjoy being creative and sharing my creativity with the Atari community.

I should add if you're interested but can't pay now, we can get a project started and then you can pay when you're ready and able. I'm not going to balk at having to hang on to an item for a couple weeks until a buyer can get funds together. :) I know I had a couple people mention they wanted one but couldn't afford it right now, but if you want to get your name on a list and start a project NOW for payment at a future date I am more than willing to do that. :D I understand when money is tight and you want something but can't get it for the time being.

Call it Monkey Labs Layaway Program. :thumbsup:

NOTE: Monkey Labs does enjoy the barter system. I will trade for these as well, but be forewarned: It will take some nice stuff to get me to trade. Trade value is still the same as the price point, so I won't be asking for more than that, but green pieces of paper with Presidents on them are always my priority.

I should add if you're interested but can't pay now, we can get a project started and then you can pay when you're ready and able. I'm not going to balk at having to hang on to an item for a couple weeks until a buyer can get funds together. :) I know I had a couple people mention they wanted one but couldn't afford it right now, but if you want to get your name on a list and start a project NOW for payment at a future date I am more than willing to do that. :D

so....you are offering a layaway plan?