IGNORED

Wanted: 2600 Coleco Cartridges

Albert

I'm looking for white Coleco Atari 2600 cartridge shells. I'm looking for shells in good condition, without scratches or stains, and not horribly dirty. If you can help out, please send me a PM. I know you have 20 copies of Donkey Kong that you can't play all at once, so now's your chance to unload them for a good cause! I can't tell you what the good cause is just yet, but feel free to speculate all you want. :D

I'll pay cash 50 cents each or 75 cents in store credit, plus shipping costs to get them to me. If you have picture/text label 2600 carts you'd like to send in as well (for 50 cents store credit each) and/or 5200 common carts ($1.50 store credit) I'm also looking for those.

Thanks,

..Al

For game preservationists like myself, destruction of good game carts serves no good purpose, no matter what the cause. :(

Generally I can see what you are talking about, but here is the thing to consider. What is the main reason for the destruction of old school games? Do you really think it is what Al, or any other Homebrewer is doing?

In reality many more are getting trashed, and thrown out because no one is buying them on Ebay or in yard sales. Now at least when a person has a yard sale a fellow AtariAger might think, hey I already have these but at least Al can use them for something. So instead of being trashed they are used for a greater good.

If I truly believed that Al, and the other homebrewers were the main reason for these games being destroyed, than I would have different feelings on this issue. But the reality of the matter is this is simply not the case.

If I truly believed that Al, and the other homebrewers were the main reason for these games being destroyed, than I would have different feelings on this issue. But the reality of the matter is this is simply not the case.

You might not want to come to CGE to see some of the items for sale then. :evil:

Me and Shawn killed a lot of those over the last few years. :ponder:

Yep, we killed'em real good! :ahoy: It's a shame there isn't a NOS pile of some shit Coleco title we could butcher by the case load instead of pissing around collecting up DK and Venture carts :lol: .

but there is some guy that is turning perfectly good carts into lamps :ponder:

You should see the stuff I've done that hasn't been posted yet.

Im scared!

truthfully,it does not bother me what someone does with any carts.throw them all in a blazing fire for all i care.

For game preservationists like myself, destruction of good game carts serves no good purpose, no matter what the cause. :(

Go buy some molds and make them new ones then. Or did your criticism actually serve a purpose here?

Your presence on these forums serves no good purpose, from what I've seen.

• Like 4

Go buy some molds and make them new ones then. Or did your criticism actually serve a purpose here?

cry me a river

• Like 1

In all reality there has been more Atari games thrown in the trash over the years by Soccer Mom's than all the homebrew and reproduction carts getting made will ever total.

Isn't that the truth.

Now that I collect video games, my dad tells me what he used to have and the fate. NES with 20 games=Trash. Atari Lynx=Trash. EGA screen=Trash. PET= Fell out of a 12 story building(You don't want to know) I think Homebrewers are saving the system by gaining publicity, creating collectors, which in turn, keeps more carts in the hand of collectors.

Say a guy's friend tells him about buying a new home brew game and directs him to this site. He is amazed and starts collecting carts. I know that is very specific but it has happened(Me). 3 home brew games a year keeps the atari from turning into just an old piece of technology.

That's more then enough.

Considering the generosity towards others that Cebus has displayed, myself and my daughter very much included first and foremost, I would highly suggerst to you to give serious consideration to the words you continue to post tz101.

Firstly, the site owner/administrator himself whose forum you are posting on and whose thread you're diverting, "destroys carts" to make homebrews.

If it wasn't for homebrewers many of these systems wouldbe long forgotten and thrown out. Also, considering the average cart run consists of 20-50 games, they are far more rare then most mass produced games. As for Cebus's projects specifically many here appreciate the creativity and talent.

If you have a problem with him and would like to continue to participate in this wonderful community, I suggest putting him on ignore.

Thank you.

• Like 5