IGNORED

Have you seen this kinda problem on Atari 2600?

lucasaf.usa

Hello atari fanatics :D

I know i created one topic before...but i think i created on the wrong place...so please admin you can delete the other one, thank you.

I made this video....to show you the problem that i have on my video game it's an Atari 2600 (Darth Vader).

Maybe some one know some thing about it.

Thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syhic5PoZ-s

The constant firing I believe may be a CPU chip issue or bad cap in the circuit. If you have another unit, you can try swapping each chips to see if it corrects the problem. If it doesn't it is probably one of the caps.

Did you contact the seller?

Edited by Benzman66

The constant firing I believe may be a CPU chip issue or bad cap in the circuit. If you have another unit, you can try swapping each chips to see if it corrects the problem. If it doesn't it is probably one of the caps.

Did you contact the seller?

I have another two Atari 2600, but i prefer do not touch those. I have a heavy sixer and a light sixer and i really like those two system...

About the seller...

Yep i tried contact him...but guess what?

He never send me a email back.

There is any other way to test it?

You could try reseating the same three chips being they are usually in slotted holders.

The caps you can check with a multimeter.

The constant firing is usually a cap issue, but the fact that you are not hitting anything with them would make me think it is one of the chips.

You could try reseating the same three chips being they are usually in slotted holders.

The caps you can check with a multimeter.

The constant firing is usually a cap issue, but the fact that you are not hitting anything with them would make me think it is one of the chips.

Sorry about it...but how do i reset those chips?

Thank you

4-switcher, constant firing and no collision detection = probably a bad TIA chip. Does the constant firing happen even with no controller plugged in?

You have to remove the shielding to get to the chips. If you're lucky, they'll be socketed and you can try to pry them out (very carefully! and they don't have to come all the way out - just move them up a bit to scrape any oxidation on the contacts and chip pins) and reseat them. If the chips are not socketed, then the TIA is definitely bad and you'll have to have someone with some PCB reworking skill replace it for you.

If it was a 6-switcher or junior, constant firing could be due to a bad CD4050 buffer chip, but 4-switchers don't have it.

Edited by A.J. Franzman

4-switcher, constant firing and no collision detection = probably a bad TIA chip. Does the constant firing happen even with no controller plugged in?

You have to remove the shielding to get to the chips. If you're lucky, they'll be socketed and you can try to pry them out (very carefully! and they don't have to come all the way out - just move them up a bit to scrape any oxidation on the contacts and chip pins) and reseat them. If the chips are not socketed, then the TIA is definitely bad and you'll have to have someone with some PCB reworking skill replace it for you.

If it was a 6-switcher or junior, constant firing could be due to a bad CD4050 buffer chip, but 4-switchers don't have it.

ouch! My bad....it's not a socketed so probably is the TIA :(

Do you know some one that can fix it for a good price?

Or maybe some tutorial DIY??

I have some electronic skills i have tools...i can try by myself...

Thank you

I repair them, but I am kinda backlogged right now, but A.J. (the guy who posted right before your last post) fixes them too. Click on his link in the signature line for his pricing, etc.

If you are pretty good in soldering, you could do it yourself, but if not, I would not risk ruining the board.

Edited by Benzman66

I repair them, but I am kinda backlogged right now, but A.J. (the guy who posted right before your last post) fixes them too. Click on his link in the signature line for his pricing, etc.

If you are pretty good in soldering, you could do it yourself, but if not, I would not risk ruining the board.

Huumm yes i do some soldering things...i just do not have those chips....

Do you sell those?