IGNORED

List of 5200 games that do NOt work on 4-port model

BiffsGamingVideos

Those are the three games that do not work with the revised BIOS that was used in many 2ports.

Mitch

Does anyone have a link to get a hack for these to work with 2 port? i have the 2 port pitfall, i just need the other 2.

Somebody hacked all three. They are here on AA forums somewhere.

Allan

Here they are.

Mitch

That's a software hack. Is there a hardware hack so existing cartridges (i.e, Pitfall, Mountain King and K-Razy Shootout) work without modification? I would think someone can put a 4K ROM in the same socket as the current 2K ROM so both ROMs are present and you can toggle which one to use via some switch.

Also check out the RT101184 kit that is on sale at WorldOfAtari.

That is a blocked page with a virus warning....thanks but no thanks

Really? perhaps a false positive? No warning or alert here and my system is locked down like Fort Knox, I never have any virus or malicious files?

It does give a virus error. Here's what it looks like (perhaps your system needs more antivirus software):

post-16716-127265859529_thumb.jpg

Here they are.

Mitch

That's a software hack. Is there a hardware hack so existing cartridges (i.e, Pitfall, Mountain King and K-Razy Shootout) work without modification? I would think someone can put a 4K ROM in the same socket as the current 2K ROM so both ROMs are present and you can toggle which one to use via some switch.

Yes, you can swap the BIOS for the original version. Or just program it to a 2532 EPROM and swap it.

Mitch

Really? perhaps a false positive? No warning or alert here and my system is locked down like Fort Knox, I never have any virus or malicious files?

It does give a virus error. Here's what it looks like (perhaps your system needs more antivirus software):

Ah gotcha, I see now. To be honest my Security is simply set at a lower level because I am not worried about such warning and sometimes I simply wish to visit certain sites regardless of such warning. No I don't don't need more Antivirus software lol! Considering I never get virus or spyware regardless of where I go online because as I said my system is very secure even going to such sites has never been an issue for me, the amount of Antivirus software is not the answer it is more about knowing how to keep your system locked down, protected and maintaining it. I will put it this way, I don't give out certain links and sites to friends and relatives because although they are no threat to me I know if they went to them they would soon be calling crying about how infected there system has suddenly become. Ah well, everyone handles their security in there own way.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

Ah gotcha, I see now. To be honest my Security is simply set at a lower level because I am not worried about such warning and sometimes I simply wish to visit certain sites regardless of such warning. No I don't don't need more Antivirus software lol! Considering I never get virus or spyware regardless of where I go online because as I said my system is very secure even going to such sites has never been an issue for me, the amount of Antivirus software is not the answer it is more about knowing how to keep your system locked down, protected and maintaining it. I will put it this way, I don't give out certain links and sites to friends and relatives because although they are no threat to me I know if they went to them they would soon be calling crying about how infected there system has suddenly become. Ah well, everyone handles their security in there own way.

I don't like running antivirus/antispyware stuff myself. And spyware and viruses are so smart these days that they look like antispyware/antivirus themselves. I prefer the old Mcafee DOS scanning software that runs and exits on demand rather than something that takes your 2Ghz processor and makes it run slower than an Atari at 1.79Mhz. At least, I can guarantee the Atari won't get any viruses running cartridges and boot disks.

Nope I am running firefox and MSE which is good enough for me.

Nope I am running firefox and MSE which is good enough for me.

Heh Me too with the occasional scan of Malwarebytes thrown in for good measure it rarely finds anything I was unaware of. Yeah I remember now I have had that message in Firefox in the past so I set the security settings to not be so strict, hey I go where I want online.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer