IGNORED

H.E.S Cartridge figures

Baby Mac

Hey Guys,

Emailed HES with the following email trying to get some information about HES's releases:

Dear Sir/Madam,

During the 1980's/early 1990's, HES released a number of different packs for the atari 2600. Most of these had several games on one cartridge, mainly activision games.

Do you have a list of HES's 2600 releases, or a number of units sold?

Any help would be fantastic.

To which I got two replies:

Hello,

We would need to search through our archives since most of these items were sold prior to us using a computerised system.

Who are you, and for what purpose do you require sales figure for?

Regards,

Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd.

Hello,

On further investigation, i have spoken to my boss and unfortunately we don't have the information you are after, our archives don't go back that far.

Regards

Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd.

Makes me feel a bit old when I can remember these games new (Im 18!!!!)

Secondly, was I asking too much in terms of information? Are companies like this usually willing?

The response could have read "who are you and what do you want"

Lets face it, HES has done some pretty underhanded stuff, I meen look at the HES carts for the NES that needed an adapter.

I am more than interested in getting this info for atari 2600/7800 and the c64, But seems a bit grim.

Did you respond saying you where a collector and that there doesnt seem to be a list of PAL atari carts??

Funny... I got a fair amount of info from an Aussie contact of mine who's been talking to the head guy at HES. Especially about C64 inventory. It appears HES bought a huge load of spare Activision cartridge stock in 84/85, and repackaged it for the home market. Hence a lot of Activision carts are piss common there. They also went about making their own carts of other Activision etc games they had licensed. The last C64 cart they made was "Leaderboard" and apparently only 1000 units of that was done in 1990. So that's probably the rarest HES release to get... though it isn't SUPER rare (I've had 3 through my hands)...

Here a little list from HES released:

9x 2 Pak Special:

Alien Froce, Hoppy

Cavern Blaster, City War

Challenge, Surfing

Dolphin, Pigs 'n' Wolf

Dungeon Master, Creature Strike

Motocross, Boom Bang

Planet Patrol, Wall Defender

Space Voyage, Fire Alert

Star Warrior, Frogger

7x Paks:

Hot Action Pak (on 2 cards): Ghostbusters, Tennis, Plaque Attack (+ River Raid)

Mega Fun Pak: Pacman, Planet Patrol, Skeet Shoot, Battles of Gorf

Rad Action Pak (on 2 cards): Kung-Fu Master, Frostbite, Freeway (+ Chopper Command)

Smash Hit Pak: Frogger, Stampede, Seaquest, Boxing, Skiing

Sports Action Pak: Enduro, Ice Hockey, Fishing Derby, Dragster

Super Action Pak: Pitfall, Grand Prix, Laser Blast, Barnstorming

Super Hit Pak: River Raid, Grand Prix, Fishing Derby, Sky Jinks, Checkers

Others:

Go For Gold Pak (2 Cards): Summer Games, Winter Games

And some 2 Paks with Imagic Games (2 Cards):

Cosmic Ark, Quick Step

Riddle of the Spinhx, Laser Gates

Star Voyager, Fire Fighter

And maybe some more Paks from Imagic. I have no complete list here.

And many single games, which you can see on GameReset

The best ones with great picture lable are:

Double Dragon

My Golf (The Only Real HES release, too release from Salu, but this has only a white lable)

Rampage

River Raid II

Tomcat The F-14 Fighter Simulator

Like i said, They have done some pretty dirty cheap productions. I dont really like the HES releases because they are too big for my 7800 and feel cheap.

However coming from here it's really the most common local stuff to get. I bet they have a list which they'd probably like to edit before releasing the figures to anyone.

Personally, I liked the HES games. The boxes were sturdy, most people kept the boxes, and the games on the compilations were usually pretty good.

However, much of HES's stuff is pretty ordinary, I mean, look at what stuff they distribute now.... Mad Catz, which ive always seen as being pretty dodgy.

Funny... I got a fair amount of info from an Aussie contact of mine who's been talking to the head guy at HES. Especially about C64 inventory. It appears HES bought a huge load of spare Activision cartridge stock in 84/85, and repackaged it for the home market. Hence a lot of Activision carts are piss common there. They also went about making their own carts of other Activision etc games they had licensed. The last C64 cart they made was "Leaderboard" and apparently only 1000 units of that was done in 1990. So that's probably the rarest HES release to get... though it isn't SUPER rare (I've had 3 through my hands)...

C64 cart? My C64 only worked with tapes and disks?????

• 7 years later...

I live in Australia and have about 42 boxed HES games for various systems (2600, NES & SMS). I also have contacted Home Entertainment Suppliers requesting some kind of list I can use to tick off games as I get them. But like all of you I didn't get very far.

I don't think the reason for them not providing a list would have anything to do with any "dodgy" dealings in the past. Yes some of their stuff was unofficial but they weren't exactly criminals. I don't ever recall any news of them loosing any law-suits or being sued over anything.

It is possible for a company to loose vast amounts of old information due to fire damage or any other disaster or accident. I do not recall and can't find anything in regards to that happening with the company either.

The more I try to find out the more interested I become in trying to do so and the mystery grows. Maybe that's what they're purposely trying to do the bastards!

Anyway, all I can do is keep my eye out for more of their games which I do. This is sometimes hard though as people normally list games by their name only and don't think to include the company name in the title or description page. So therefore I just trail through the images on my searches hoping to see any game bearing a plastic case.

I am still continuing to harrass the company & I won't stop until I am victorious!

The HES games I have so far all in their cases for the 2600 are:

1. Boxing
  2. Bump N' Jump
  3. California Games
  4. Chopper Command
  5. Commando
  6. Decathlon
  7. Demon Attack
  8. Enduro
  9. Ghostbusters
  10. Go For Gold Pak (Summer Games & Winter Games)
  11. Hot Action Pack (4 in 1)
  12. Keystone Kapers
  13. Kung-Fu Master
  14. My Golf
  15. Pitfall!
  16. Rad Action Pack (4 in 1)
  17. Rampage
  18. River Raid
  19. River Raid II
  20. Skate Boardin'
  21. Smash Hit Pack (5 in 1)
  22. Star Master
  23. Super Action Pack (4 in 1)
  24. Super Hit Pack (5 in 1)
  25. Tennis
  26. Title Match Pro Wrestling

Edited by Dane

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

... and please keep us updated! ;)

I know there are lists on the net that a collector can survive off to tick and flick as they get more titles. It just pisses me off that the company seem to forget their past. I don't believe they don't have a list lying around somewhere. I probably won't get anything out of them but at least it's fun harassing them.

I did get one thing out of them though, they sent me a brochure in the mail with a list of Atari Lynx games which they said they still make, interesting.

I know that HES put out a catalog with pictures of white-label Imagic releases (wing war, star voyager, laser gates, fire fighter, quick step, riddle of the sphinx). But i dont think they were ever released by hes, maybe they were distributed i australia by Hes, but i think thats it.

• 3 years later...