IGNORED

Custom 2600, 5200 and 7800 carts!

Albert

I can now build custom, one-off carts for the 2600, 5200 and 7800 with high-quality, glossy, die-cut label using a new printer, custom label die and label stock I recently purchased. For the 2600, with the Melody Board, this means I can produce cartridges with virtually any bankswitching method. All you need to do is send me the binary and the label files you want me to use and I can make you a spiffy cartridge. Here's an example of two carts I made recently using this process:

ag3_1.jpg

The labels have a glossy appearance, nice, rounded corners and have a strong adhesive so they won't peel up off the cartridge. These are the nicest labels I've been able to print myself without having to have large runs of labels professionally printed. Since 2600, 5200 and 7800 carts all use the same size labels, I can easily make custom carts for any of those systems (I will offer this same service for the ColecoVision soon as well).

Follow these links for complete details on how to order these custom cartridges:

Custom Atari 2600 Cartridge

Custom Atari 5200 Cartridge

Custom Atari 7800 Cartridge

Note that I will not produce cartridges of homebrew games or hacks without the author's permission. Also, if you ask me to create cartridges of rare 2600 titles, I will add "REPRODUCTION CARTRIDGE" in small type somewhere on the label (and I'll get your approval before printing the labels). I don't want to see these cartridges hit eBay with the intent to deceive buyers.

I'll add pictures of carts as I get orders for them and permission to display them publicly (I'll probably create a gallery of pictures so people can see examples). I'm also hoping to build up a library of label art that I can offer to people wanting custom carts of this nature.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask here or send me a message privately.

..Al

I had one of these labels in my hands about a week and a half ago and they are simply AMAZING. They catch light really great and you can see the shine on them a lot better than stock photo paper or the like -- they look identical to original Atari labels. Very, very professional and sleek look with great color vibrancy and detail.

Hi Al,

Once you offer this service for ColecoVision, I'm interested in getting repros of Pac-Man, Dig-Dug and Joust. I've already purchased these from you a few years ago, but back then I asked you to send me some uncut labels because I wanted to see if I could put the boards into Atarisoft shells to make them look more authentic. That wasn't possible because the Atarisoft shells join via a screw in the middle, and the carts you made use Coleco-style shells with screws on either side of the board.

All of this is a long way of asking if, when you offer this service for ColecoVision games, will you be able to make copies in Atarisoft-style shells? I'd even send you Atarisoft shells if need be, and I'd obviously want the labels to say 'repro' on them somewhere (I'm not looking to rip someone off, I just want a cool set of Atarisoft carts). Whadya think?

Will you do just a label? I have a Dukes of Hazzard game I bought yearssss ago pre ebay that I POORLY made a hand made label with colored pencils :ponder:

Me too. I need just a label. PM sent a few days ago. Thanks!

I'm not sure. These labels are printed on sheets containing multiple labels. If I print a single set of labels, I cannot cut the labels off the sheet and then run the sheet through the printer again. This works for single carts since I'm only peeling the label off the backing and I can run sheets multiple times through the printer. But cutting big holes in the sheet would preclude me from using it again.

..Al

This looks great! Will you be able to save the files for the label art ? Why? Well, If a user goe to the gallery and likes what they see could you get the rights to print a label that has been submitted for another individual?

Thanks,

chris

Perhaps if individuals are willing to wait on a single label....you could have a 'waiting list' or something? People who need just one label but can wait long enough can wait until enough users need a single label to fill an entire sheet, and then the one-sheet cost can just be split amongst the group per number of labels?

Say you need a single label but a sheet consists of 5. If one can wait, when 4 other people need a single label, you now have a sheet of 5 -- Al can then print a single sheet of 5 labels, cut it up, and split the 'per sheet' cost between the 5 people.

Would that work? :)

One of the interested users could start a thread saying something like 'single label sheet list' and maintain it, as people post in it wanting a single label, they can co-ordinate themselves and then come to you with a full sheet of labels.

• Like 1

I'm curious how much a single sheet of labels would cost? I need a label for a 7800 repro I will be purchasing in the next day or so, but I wouldn't mind having a few extra labels on-hand in case anyone else needs them in the future. I bet a handful of frequent marketplace sellers may be interested in this idea as well.