IGNORED

Mednafen now supports Virtual Boy

LS650

From Planet Virtual Boy:

Mednafen now supporting Virtual Boy!

The latest WIP version 0.9.0 of the multi system emulator Mednafen has just been released on the official forum. It introduces support for the Virtual Boy. From the games I tested with earlier betas, everything ran perfectly, even those writing directly to the framebuffers, like Red Alarm, which were previously unplayable in any other VB emulator for Windows. Future versions will also feature a debugger, something developers should be really looking forward to.

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=298

I just gave it a whirl and it does seem to work well. Mednafen is command-line based, but with my Win XP machine I can just drag & drop a ROM file on top of the executable file and it launches in a window. Hit <F1> to see keyboard commands. You can alter the keyboard input with <Alt><Shift><1>...

Also take note that a ROM was recently released for the never-released game "Bound High!". Check out that story here:

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=301

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to this multi-system emulator, I can now finally enjoy VB Wario Land in all it's glory. :D (The real VB is too damn expensive these days. Should have grabbed one when they were unwanted)

Though I really need to question something. Why is it in both the documentation that comes with the software and Mednafen's SourceForge entry, there is absolutely no mention of the near perfect VB compatibility? No other Windows VB emulator can touch it! (ViBE on Macintosh was the best, until now)

Why is it in both the documentation that comes with the software and Mednafen's SourceForge entry, there is absolutely no mention of the near perfect VB compatibility?

If you read through the links you'll see this is a beta release.

Edited by ls650