IGNORED

96 Atari 8-Bit books in PDF

retrobits

This continues Thumpnugget's current labor of love to scan all Atari books in existence (not including manuals). Thanks to everyone who donated books and helped out -- especially Thump himself for the tireless top quality scanning! There is 39 additional books included in this torrent, and with the original 57, comes to a total of *** 96 books *** or 5.4GB. If you don't want to re-download, you can just use your bit torrent client when adding the torrent to select files you are missing. Also the file names have not changed so you could also just download over the top of the old torrent folder. I will try to seed with 100% up time at full tilt for as long as I can. Hopefully we can get many other seeders soon.

Here is the torrent you are looking for.

Books included:

101 Atari Computer Programming Tips & Tricks

ABCs of Atari Computers

Advanced Programming Techniques for the Atari

Adventures with the Atari

An Atari 8-bit Extra

Assembly Language Programming For Atari Computers

Atari 130XE Machine Language for the Absolute Beginner

Atari Assembly Language Programmers Guide

Atari BASIC Faster and Better

Atari BASIC Learning by Using

Atari BASIC Tutorial

Atari BASIC XL Edition

Atari BASIC

Atari BASIC (2)

Atari for Kids from 8 to 80

Atari for the Begining Beginner

Atari Fun and Games

Atari Games and Recreations

Atari Graphics and Arcade Game Design

Atari in Wonderland

Atari Player Missle Graphics in BASIC

Atari Programming with 55 Programs

Atari Roots

Atari Software Protection Techniques

Atari Sound and Graphics

Awesome Games for your Atari Computer

Basic Atari BASIC

BASIC Exercises for the Atari

Best of SoftSide Atari Edition

Computer Art and Animation

Computer Playground

Computers for Kids

Computers for People

Computes Atari Collection Vol 1

Computes Atari Collection Vol 2

Computes First Book of Atari Games

Computes First Book of Atari Graphics

Computes First Book of Atari

Computes Second Book of Atari Graphics

Computes Second Book of Atari

Computes Third Book of Atari

De Re Atari

Designs from your Mind with Atari Graphics

Disk Guide Atari 400 and 800

Dr C Wacko Presents Atari BASIC

Dr Wackos Guide to Creating Arcade Games

FORTH on the Atari Learning by Using

Free Software for your Atari

Games Ataris Play

Games for the Atari

Games for your Atari

Hackerbook for your Atari Computer

Home Applications and Games for the Atari

How to Program you Atari in 6502 Language

How to Use Atari Computers

I Speak BASIC to my Atari

Inside Atari BASIC

Inside Atari BASIC (2)

Itty Bitty Bytes of Space

Kids and the Atari

Machine Language for Beginners

Mapping the Atari

Master Memory Map

Mostly BASIC Applications for your Atari Book 1

Mostly BASIC Applications for your Atari Book 2

Programming Your Atari Computer

Rainy Day Activities for the Atari

Speedscript

Stimulating Simulations (Atari Version)

The Analog Compendium

The Atari 800XL A Practical Guide

The Atari Assembler

The Atari BASIC Source Book

The Atari Experience

The Atari Playground

The Atari Users Encyclopedia

The Best Atari Software

The Best of Antic Anthology

The Book of Atari Software 1983

The Creative Atari

The Elementary Atari

The Mastery Memory Map

The Musical Atari

The Second Book of Machine Language

The Users Guide to the Atari 400 800

The Users Guide to the Atari

The Visicalc Book Atari Edition

Things to do with your Atari Computer

Time Lost - A Computer Adventure

Tricky Tutorial 7 Disk Utilities

Tricky Tutorials 1-6

Understanding Atari Graphics

Users Handbook to the Atari

Your Atari Comes Alive

Your Atari Computer XL Edition

Your Atari Computer

and the "tombstones"

post-12109-127431522639_thumb.jpg

post-12109-127431529189_thumb.jpg

Edited by retrobits
  • Like 2

i just started it, it is verifying it compared to thump's torrent and once it verify's its the same, it is saying its 100% done... so i dont even have to select which are already done in the other torrent...

GNU/Linux, its what for dinner ;')

sloopy.

Thanks for sticking the torrent up Retrobits! It was a great idea to put both books sets together and have one giant list of books and let people select which ones they want and allow new people to get the full set. Not to quibble but it is 96 books (the Best of SoftSide is missing in the list) :)

I know there are a couple of other books missing that I did not get into the torrent. I ran out of time for now and just had to stop. Also my paper cutter is now dead and waiting for a new blade :( (Some of Allan's books proved too much for it.. It did last for over 100,000 pages so not too shabby!)

Anyway I wanted to thank everyone for the books, including the ones that did not get into the torrent this time around. This felt much more like a community effort which was awesome (and like Christmas getting all those books in the mail and on the FTP server heh!) I'll start on the next round when I get back home in mid June :)

Not to quibble but it is 96 books (the Best of SoftSide is missing in the list) :) ...

Not to further quibble but "Best of Softsite Atari Edition" is in the list. I just counted the files from the original torrent and from the DVD you sent. I also counted the "tombstone" cover images. Both add up to 95 books.

I know there are a couple of other books missing that I did not get into the torrent ...

Looking forward to next time around. I think I might have another contribution or two also.

Well crap I missed one.. Best of Softside is not in the tombstones but it is in the list.. I have 96 books in my directory. I wonder what book is in the tombstones but not in list.. ga! I will have to check when I get home.

Just checked my download... 95 books :)

As I posted in the other threasd, I'm in the middle of inventory and may have some books to add...

I've had it since last night, been seeding ever since, and will continue to do so for awhile. Someone's pulling b/c it's been at well over 100k/second every time I look.

Just wanted to say thanks again for everyone involved with this. That's a lot of work scanning all that.

OK - I have it working. I am at 61.6% complete, hopefully will be done within an hour. I've got this on a VM, so I can leave it running for a few days.

Thanks for all of the work in scanning posting these!

My MacPro should be seeding also. I'm pretty sure I restarted the DL after booting back into MacOS... I am SO looking forward to Left4Dead/Left4Dead2 and the HL2 games being ready for Mac. that's the main reason I boot to windows is to play the games that aren't there for MacOSX

Ahh! I found the book that is missing! "Atari for Beginning Beginners" is not in the list but in the tombstones and I have the PDF in my books directory. I don't know how I missed that...

I know how you missed it, its because you didn't -- I did. I have no idea how I did it (just lucky I guess ;) ) -- when copying the pdfs off the dvd I missed that one. I cross checked the count against the tombstones and came up with the same number and never looked back. Sorry for the confusion, new torrent coming ASAP.

*** EDIT ***

OK, for those atarians who must have it all and have it now... I give you you a new torrent HERE

This is a superset of all previous Atari book torrents with not 57, not 95, but whoa momma! -- a whopping 96 books. Again, I will be seeding this at full tilt for as long as I can. I wish I could edit the torrent link in the OP, but can't figure out how.

Edited by retrobits

I wish I could edit the torrent link in the OP, but can't figure out how.

I've given you permission to edit that post.

..Al

Thanks Al, you are the man. Now if you could just change the thread title to 96 instead of 95, all would be right again in the universe.

I wish I could edit the torrent link in the OP, but can't figure out how.

I've given you permission to edit that post.

..Al

Thanks Al, you are the man. Now if you could just change the thread title to 96 instead of 95, all would be right again in the universe.

You can edit the thread title--after clicking the "Edit" button, then click "Use Full Editor" and you can then edit the title as necessary. :)

..Al

Been seeding for a while now - 50GB up! Just glanced over "Your Atari Computer XL edition" - am I missing something? It looks like they only added 7 pages with the XL at the end and called it a day! Glad I never bought the updated version, I would have been very disappointed.