IGNORED

Maerz's Collection

I'll start out with the Retrocade and add the inferior console collection later...

Cabinets from left to right:

Pole Position

I bought this mouse nest for $50 and it's probably the cheapest restoration I have done yet. I converted it to MAME running Pole Position II using a computer and monitor that I rescued from the trash heap. I used a U-HID from Ultimarc as the encoder and a trackball optic board from SuzoHapp to replace the original Atari steering wheel optic board.

Missile Command

This is a dedicated Sonic Missile Command cabinet made in Kitchener, Ontario that I bought at auction. It is in excellent condition.

Galaga

My first MAME project which is a conversion of a gutted Satan's Hollow cabinet. Roughly 50 games run on this cab.

Make Trax

My second MAME project with about 200 games currently loaded.

Mr. Do!

Dedicated kids size cabinet that I bought at auction. Cabinet needs some body work but otherwise it is very clean and runs really well.

Monaco GP

A dedicated cabaret cabinet that I bought off of eBay and one of my favorite cabinets. I still can't believe that I was the only one that bid on this and it was had for a mere $100.

Donkey Kong 3

Dedicated DK3 which was a recent CraigsList find. My plans are to purchase additional Donkey Kong boards to swap in and out.

post-22552-127488132972_thumb.jpg

post-22552-127488133713_thumb.jpg

post-22552-127488134593_thumb.jpg

post-22552-127488135449_thumb.jpg

post-22552-127488136111_thumb.jpg

post-22552-127488136983_thumb.jpg

post-22552-127488137608_thumb.jpg

post-22552-127488138546_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

$100 dollars for a Monaco GP cab?

I better start hanging around eBay more often.

I've gotten some massive bargains off ebay by bidding on bulky items that are local to me. Most people aren't going to pay $500-$1000 to have an arcade game shipped to them, so you can really snag some great local bargains.