The seven categories that got the most votes are as follows:

1 Really Bad Games That Are Strangely Fun

2 Time for Desert

3 War, what is it good for...

4 Pinball Frenzy

5 A nice day out... spoiled

6 Bouncy Bouncy

7 5200 Ports

This round will last the whole of July instead of (2) regular HSC games. As classic games nearly always win the regular HSC votes, the idea is to play other good games that are perhaps less well known or are a bit more involved than normal. Please suggest any games that match (however loosely) the categories above (links would be good!).

One stipulation for the 5200 ports option; they cannot be the big name titles. Homebrew games are ok for the Pinball Frenzy, boy there are lots of XXX pinball games out there! Thinking of playing around 5 games for each category but welcome any suggestions/thoughts. Would prefer to drop two categories to make 5 for the final vote next week. I'll sort the scoring etc :)

Some suggestions:

1 Hunchback, NYC, Beer Belly Burts' Brew Biz, LA SWAT, Flying Ace, Green Beret, Xenon Raid, Atlantis (Imagic), Sentinel 1... Busy Baby

2 Baja Buggies, Lost Tomb, Tutankham, Pharos Curse, Kings Tut's Tomb, Attack of the Mutant Camels, Revenge II

3 F15 Strike Eagle, Tank Commander, Beach Landing, Beach Head I, Beach Head II, Air Support ... Final Legacy, Computer War, Who Dares Wins II, Flying Ace, Raid Over Moscow

4 Night Mission

5 Bug Off, River Rat, Picnic Paranoia, Whomper Stomper, Up Up and Away, Cloud Burst, Carnival Massacre

6 Jump, Rubber Ball, Yoomp!, Pogotron, Juice!

7 Frisky Tom, Sport Goofy, Xari Arena

My vote goes for the Lone Raider (Atari (UK))

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-lone-raider-_3033.html

Take it that's for category 1! It's tricky as you want games that are fun to play, Lone Raider is well worth a go so it'll make the cut :thumbsup:

A few more possibilities

1. Citadel Warrior, Digger Bonk, Matta Blatta, Pothole Pete, Orc Attack

2. Pharoh's Pyramid

6. Pogo Joe, Pogo Man

:ponder:

Keep the suggestions coming, will put the vote on early Sunday :thumbsup:

Divya - They don't have to be games on the regular HSC list ;)

Had a great idea for the bouncy category Ixion, fantastic game and get's a shooter into this category :)

If there is anyone who want's to play but needs any help let me know. If you only have a few games and no APE/SIO2USB/PC to download games etc but have a disk drive, I'm sure we can sort a disk or two out via the post between us :ponder: