IGNORED

Donkey Kong Escapes - 2600 Re-Release

Atari Dogs

Donkey Kong Escapes is being re-released for the 2600. This time in a Coleco cartridge with a Coleco-style label and manual (both printed by AtariAge)!

One of video games most famous fathers is out for his third Atari adventure. First he was just out looking for a date with a beautiful woman. Next he needed his son's help to escape from captivity. Now he has been captured again. But this time he is mad, scary mad.

Donkey Kong Escapes is a 2006 Salem Frost release. After some e-mails, we decided it was time to re-release this great hack.

There are 15 already cartridges assembled with a maximum of 20 to be sold here with a manual. The price will be $23.00 plus $5.00 priority mail shipping. Please pm me if you are interested. My paypal is j_barrett_paul_2000@yahoo.com. Give your AA name when you send your payment too.

1. TrekMD -- paid

2. eight bit -- paid

3. T2KFreeker -- paid

4. DeuxExMachina -- paid

5. Cebus Capucinis -- paid

6. atarinut76 -- paid

7. cmart604 -- paid

8. mianrtcv -- paid

9. wonder007 -- paid

10. ianoid -- paid

11. purdue crum -- paid

12. atari2600lives -- paid

13. toymailman -- paid

14. ls650 -- paid

15. macnwigs -- paid

16. King_Salamon

17. the.golden.ax -- paid

18. swlovinist -- paid

19. purenergy --paid

20. Atari Dogs

For those of you that missed Salem Frost's original release, this is a hack of Frankenstein's Monster. Here is the story:

Mr. Tako, head of Pacific Pharmaceuticals, is frustrated with the television shows his company is sponsoring and wants something to boost his ratings. When a doctor tells Tako about a giant monster he discovered on the small Faro Island, Tako believes that it would be a brilliant idea "...with a punch" to use the monster to gain publicity. Tako immedietely sends two men, Sakurai and Kinsaburo, to find and bring back the monster from Faro.

While on the Island a giant octopus attacks the village. Donkey Kong defeats the monster. Donkey Kong then drinks some red berry juice and falls asleep. Sakurai and Kinsaburo place Donkey Kong on a large raft and begin to transport him back to Japan. Back at Pacific Pharmaceuticals, Tako is excited because Donkey Kong is now all over the press.

Tako hires you, Mario to make sure Donkey Kong is constantly sadated so he does not ravage Tokyo. You must run as fast as you can to retrieve crates of the red berry juice that keeps Donkey Kong asleep and take them to Donkey Kong However this is not an easy task you must avoid objects and creatures that will stand in your way and Mr. Happy Cloud keeps ZAPPING Donkey Kong with Lighning trying to wake him up!!

Objects and Creatures to avoid:

Little Boo, if you are touched by little boo you will be momentarily paralyzed with fear.

Thwomps, they like to try and force you into the water, if Mario falls in the water he dies.

Barrels, if a barrel touches you, you will be momentarily paralyzed with pain.

SnapJaws, SnapJaws fall out of the sky while you race towards Donkey Kong with the red berry juice

Can Mario get the juice to Donkey Kong before............

Donkey Kong ESCAPES!!!

post-5185-127706316572_thumb.jpg

post-5185-127706318225_thumb.jpg

Edited by Atari Dogs
  • Like 5

Wow, shipped already ;)

I have to say that you did a splendid job on the manual and artwork/label. It's really nice when people take the time to design a really nice looking product like this. I have personally never played the hack (or the original game it was based off of), so this will be a new game to me :) Thanks again!

Looking at the above screen shot reminds me of what a great job I did on this hack :D

The man is too modest. ;) It is too bad I don't have any of those cool Salem Frost boxes.

Atari Dogs did to one slight change to the rom.

I have started shipping the cartridges. If your name is listed above, you can submit payment. I have reserved a copy for you.