IGNORED

HSC7 Four Day Blast

The Four Day Blast closes 1st July 10am 6pm 10pm! BST

Before the July Bonus Bound starts here's a chance to make up some points. The rules are simple, play any games you have missed this season and if you beat the 10th place score you get 1pt, 5th place 3pts, and by some amazing feat of play beat the top score a whopping 5pts :!:

Vote here for the next game

I didn't miss any games so i'll have more time to listen to the Rolling Stones! :music: :cool: :lust:

You didn't play robotron 2084. At least there are no witnesses here who say you play.

So you're telling me you know which games RR played but not which ones you played :P (think u missed Beef Drop & Zone Ranger too)

Ok If you've been good and played all the games, though judging by your Pengo effort RR I think you should have put more time in after winning the previous game :ponder: you can have a few days off to listen to music (providing you have voted) ;)

Oh oh!

I think the only games I missed are Beef Drop and Blue Max.

Doesn't look promising for any bonus points here.

Surely 10th place is well within your remit ;)

I didn't miss any games so i'll have more time to listen to the Rolling Stones! :music: :cool: :lust:

You didn't play robotron 2084. At least there are no witnesses here who say you play.

So you're telling me you know which games RR played but not which ones you played :P (think u missed Beef Drop & Zone Ranger too)

Ok If you've been good and played all the games, though judging by your Pengo effort RR I think you should have put more time in after winning the previous game :ponder: you can have a few days off to listen to music (providing you have voted) ;)

Oh oh!

Well, let me put it this way.

It could be the only time in my life that I'm on a no beef diet.

AND

If anyone asks I can hit the broad side of a bridge.

I'm not good at Pengo, i did give it a few more goes but didn't do better.

PS check out my Gallery right here on good old AA :)

Oh oh!

AND

Me too, I am also on no beef diet; many other foods as well to avoid the fat at least.

I just thought if RR thought he missed Robotron (and you didn't notice), he may get a new high score and get another 5 points-- a loophole to get extra points.

Oh oh!

AND

Me too, I am also on no beef diet; many other foods as well to avoid the fat at least.

I just thought if RR thought he missed Robotron (and you didn't notice), he may get a new high score and get another 5 points-- a loophole to get extra points.

I blame Mr Amiga... I'm sure JellE managed to keep things in the HSC in better order :D

Now this thread has mutated I'll tell you all that now I've completed the fantastic H.D.M. I've been playing Chaos Boulder Dash "Super BD 1" boy its tough but finally cracked screen D today... had a copy of this one for years but never played it. BD is still such a fantastic game, gets the adrenaline going... also trying to suss Star Raiders as believe it or not I never played this (played Last Starfighter)... still working on my abbuc entry but getting cheesed off trying to find good colour schemes... found another couple of possible future HSC game "Caverns of Callisto" and "Super Worm" both are excellent... amongst the 30 or so I've downloaded recenty... anyway if you want some points lets see some scores and we need a tie breaking vote :)

p.s. RRs profile has some good stuff on it :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I think this one gets me past the 5th place spot, if I understand the scoring correctly. This was level 5 (no warp to level 7).

6613 on Zone Ranger (+ 7500? for not jumping to level 7)

Yes, thats right, ZR is under-rated and wasn't played much but it's a challenging game once you get into it... so keep going on the one man points fest ;)

I scored 37675 on Defender (on Normal). Don't know if that earns any points, but I'll dig up the list after I post this. And I'll post a photo tomorrow. I took a picture, but I don't know where my wife put the usb cord to the camera. :) Of course, I don't know where I put a lot of things either.

Ok, today's the last day, right? Here's Mr. Do. 97200. Not enough for 5th, but I think it gets past 10th. I'm hoping to make a go at Pengo, and to better my Montezuma's Revenge score before the deadline.

post-3351-127799203189_thumb.jpg

The Four Day Blast closes 1st July 10am 6pm 10pm! BST

Before the July Bonus Bound starts here's a chance to make up some points. The rules are simple, play any games you have missed this season and if you beat the 10th place score you get 1pt, 5th place 3pts, and by some amazing feat of play beat the top score a whopping 5pts :!:

Vote here for the next game

What's BST? Aren't you in GMT? Or did they redefine that time zone?

Well, I already posted a Montezuma's Revenge score, but this one should get me past the 5th place. 213200. Man, I love this game. I hope it's not too late.

That's pretty good. I just tried Zone Ranger -- guess not enough time to figure out what I am supposed to do here.

post-16716-127801452509_thumb.jpg

It took a while to figure out Zone Ranger. I remember playing that one as a kid and thinking it looked really good, but I didn't figure out the object until 20 or so yrs. later.

What's the object of the game? All I see is chaotic firing from all directions. Do I need a second joystick like Robotron so I can fire independently of my motion?

Well, I'm sure there are elements of the game I don't completely understand, but the object appears to be to shoot the sort of 4 pointed star shaped things that are sending pulses to each other. I think there are around 16 in each level. The faster you do it, the more bonus points you get. I've also found that if your bonus time runs out, you lose a life, but your time renews, which gives you potential for more bonus points.

Divya - I put lots of tips on the Zone Ranger thread... this is the hardest game to explain ever, just ask Mr Amiga about the pretzels and shreddies :ponder: But go "inside" ASAP, collect all the things, exit, then touch the thing that pursues you, then shoot the rest of the satellites. Every 1 you get on the inside is 1 satellite that will be removed for you. Every 3rd level is a bonus round so don't die here ;)

Fres - no taking advantage of the timer bug ;)

I didn't take advantage of the timer bug for higher scores, but I was aware of it. I found that the extra lives were worth more to me in the long run. I'll be playing ZR some more because I own the cart, and I want to more fully appreciate it.

Edited by Fres