IGNORED

GoSub 2 (Virtual Boy)

atari2600land

GoSub 2 for Virtual Boy

After getting 32 treasures, Mr. Submarine Commander learns of one big huge giant treasure box! So off he goes in his trusty red submarine (forget all that stuff about everyone living in a yellow one!) in search of the big huge giant megatreasure! But he'll have to watch out for the usual deadly coral walls, along with a new mean octopus that's chasing him!

CONTROLS:

left directional pad (arrow keys on Reality Boy) - move submarine

right directional pad (f=up, c=left, v=down, b=right on Reality Boy) - fire torpedo

Now you can fire a torpedo in four different directions no matter which way you're facing! Wow.

I have just started work on this game, so it only has two different mazes so far. Like the original GoSub for Virtual Boy, I doubt there will be a cart run. There is only one cart of GoSub in existence, and I had it specially made. For more info, including the most up-to-date ROM and source code, click here.

post-9475-127925064047_thumb.png

I'm putting my hope in the homebrew community having its gentle but firm way with the 3DS shortly after its release, and a no-glasses Virtual Boy emulator soon after that.

Not that an anaglyphic Virtual Boy emulator running on a plain old PC would be much more headache-inducing than the Virtual Boy itself.

Not that an anaglyphic Virtual Boy emulator running on a plain old PC would be much more headache-inducing than the Virtual Boy itself.

I would play my Virtual Boy for hours, and I never, ever had any sort of headaches.

I would play my Virtual Boy for hours, and I never, ever had any sort of headaches.

That's cool, but lots of people did. Just five minutes in a Blockbuster Video with a demo unit told me buying one would be a waste for me.

The closest thing you can get to a VB without owning one is Mednafen with 3D glasses. Anyway, I've made a few changes to the game and it's now in 3D, going back and forth between foreground and background, like in Virtual Boy Wario Land. The link is in my signature.

Likewise, when I was in my teens in the '90s, I played mine for hours-on-end with no problems. I received my first VB system in a long time last week however, and admittedly it's much more difficult to play now than it was 15 years ago. I don't get headaches now, but my eyesight is considerably worse and I have to squint much more than I would like. I guess that could be rectified with glasses, but for the time being, it definitely strains certain muscles and it gets a little uncomfortable after a 30 minute session these days.

Edited by Austin

I think Nintendo should not give into the whole 3D "fad" by creating a console with 3D just because 3D is the current fad. Unless every movie and every TV show becomes 3D. And not to totally derail this topic, I've posted a new look for the sub as well as some more changes to GoSub 2.

• 4 weeks later...