IGNORED

Flashback 2 Hack Compatibility

I recently finished the Flashback Mod and was wondering if there are any known compatibility issues? I only have two 2600 games left, H.E.R.O. and Keystone Kapers, and after hours of soldering I fired up my Flashback 2 with my favorite 2600 game of all time, H.E.R.O., in the new cart slot and.... NOTHING! Figuring I had surely messed up somewhere I walked away in disgust, after grabbing something to drink I came back and tried my only other option and to my surprise there I was on the right side of the law(for once) chasing crooks. Anyhow, I cleaned the game thoroughly and tried again and still no luck. Unfortunately I don't have an original system anymore to test the game on. I was wondering if anyone out there has tried this particular game with the flashback 2?

Are you really short on games?? You only have TWO cats for an Atari 2600??

You have come to the right place, as we are mostly 2600 enthusiasts, and have lots of spare carts for new players. Someone will definitely hook you up.

I think by "two games left" he must mean there are only two games left in his cart collection that he needs to verify will work with the Flasback 2 mod. I can't possibly see someone going through all the trouble of hacking, cutting, and soldering a Flashback 2 unit just to be able to play two game carts? And then ironically those two don't work?

Yes:

http://sites.google.com/site/kennedygreg2/fb2compat.html?attredirects=0

Unfortunately, H.E.R.O. is incompatible with the FB2.

Thanks!

You have come to the right place, as we are mostly 2600 enthusiasts, and have lots of spare carts for new players. Someone will definitely hook you up.

Sounds Great! Yes, I really only have two games. I got rid of my Atari collection in high school, but held on to those two because they were a couple of my favotites.

I think by "two games left" he must mean there are only two games left in his cart collection that he needs to verify will work with the Flasback 2 mod. I can't possibly see someone going through all the trouble of hacking, cutting, and soldering a Flashback 2 unit just to be able to play two game carts? And then ironically those two don't work?

I really did go through all that trouble with only two games on hand that I didn't even confirm would work. I just wanted to see if I could pull it off. I've been meaning to try to do something in this direction and when I found the Flashback 2 for cheap and saw the guide at atarimuseum.com I just went for it.

Edited by sean49938

Yes:

http://sites.google.com/site/kennedygreg2/fb2compat.html?attredirects=0

Unfortunately, H.E.R.O. is incompatible with the FB2.

Thanks!

Sounds Great! Yes, I really only have two games. I got rid of my Atari collection in high school, but held on to those two because they were a couple of my favotites.

I really did go through all that trouble with only two games on hand that I didn't even confirm would work. I just wanted to see if I could pull it off. I've been meaning to try to do something in this direction and when I found the Flashback 2 for cheap and saw the guide at atarimuseum.com I just went for it.

I stand corrected! Wow...