IGNORED

Adventure II demo

Oneblonk

Since I've not got a 5200 console, though I do want one but because of ebay prices and importing costs to UK it will have to wait for a while, I use an emulator to play 5200 games and atari 800/xl games. Now the game I want is adventure II (I've even bought the cartridge off atariage store so I got the game when I finally get a 5200). I've been on Cafemans site on adventure II development but am unable to download any of the demos, says something I'm not permitted to download from 50megs. Now searching the net I did find a demo called adv2demf.bin which is the full game containing game 5s and 6m. The demo I'm after is adv2b.bin (the one on cafemans site) as it contains 2 game variations. Does anyone know where I can get this? Also what happened to the atari 8 bit version of adventure II?

Cheers for any help.

from what I've played upto now adv2a has games 1 to 9 and the ones i've played upto now (games 1,5,6,9)are all complete, and adv2b has games 10 to 21, only played one game on that (game 14) and thats complete, so I assume that its all complete, no time outs anyway.

What are the limitations on the demos? Are they timed? or other?

From what I understood of the description on Cafeman's website, these are the full version ROMs -- just split into two parts: one for Easy and Intermediate levels, one for Advanced and Special levels.

Also, I own the cartridge and have not found a difference. So take that how you will.

Correct. No limitations. A way around the promise to Atari to never release the ROM, perhaps. :)

Is it too weird to say "I love you man"? But seriously, thank you so much for that.

In all candor, the ONE reason I was somewhat hesitant to buy the game was because at the time, I did not understand that the two ROMs equaled the full game. I have a principle about not buying homebrews unless the ROM is available. If I can't play it in an emulator as well as on the real hardware, I won't buy. Of course, I also want to try before I buy, but in this case I wanted the game regardless because I KNEW it would be good.

I decided to purchase Adventure II anyway, and was very pleased to find that I could in fact play it in an emulator. I was not disappointed by this game in ANY way. The cartridge, packaging additions, and game itself are all excellent. I'm more proud of it than any other game in my collection. I've shown it off to friends who remembered the original Adventure and everyone has loved it.

I just read this - I'm unsure why you can't download from 50megs, but anyway, I attached the 2 demo's from my old site to this reply. adv2a and adv2b.

I checked out your website. Interesting history on this game. May I ask what happened with the 8bit computer port you were working on back in 2007?

Perry

Concerning the 8bit port, I think I just ran out of steam way back when. Time passed and I moved on.

:sad:

On one hand, I completely understand. On the other hand, it's hard to accept that such greatness does not make it's way to the Atari 8bit so I can't hide my disappointment!

I just read this - I'm unsure why you can't download from 50megs, but anyway, I attached the 2 demo's from my old site to this reply. adv2a and adv2b.

Let me also add my sincere thanks for posting this, and also for the Adventure II gameplay instructions on your website. Awesome game!

Best,

Eric

I finally got around to playing this a couple of months ago when I got Omf to put the video mod in my 5200's Only had a quick go, as we were network testing the Jag Aircars 94 game at the time! But it did bring back many fond memories of the original :love: I look forward to the time when I can sit down & give it the love & attention it deserves!!