IGNORED

Other games you are playing...

I thought it'd be nice to have a general A8 gaming thread where we could post what else we are playing (and scores if you wish!) (yes I will try and beat them :evil: )

This might give some ideas for future High Score Club Contest ;) games and also inspire us to play some that we might not have seen... good or bad :)

Even if you're not a HSC player please post as we might be tempted to play your favourite game and then you'll just have to join in :thumbsup:

I love Bomb Jake very much. I just reached a new personal Highscore at the Fujiama 2010, as you can see on the attached picture.

Hint: This is the cartridge version, where you get a 50000 points Firebomb Bonus when collecting 24 Bombs in the correct order, so you can´t compare it directly to the ATR-version.

post-21666-128068339321_thumb.jpg

I love Bomb Jake very much. I just reached a new personal Highscore at the Fujiama 2010, as you can see on the attached picture.

Hint: This is the cartridge version, where you get a 50000 points Firebomb Bonus when collecting 24 Bombs in the correct order, so you can´t compare it directly to the ATR-version.

post-21666-128068339321_thumb.jpg

Congratulations!

Didn't know of this feature (24 bombs) and the fact that .atr version is different.

Time to try to improve my high score (I think around 70'000 points) and save it in Corina cartridge (all Atari arcades should have the hi-score saving feature).

Original disks would be cool. I don't even have a floppy drive, let alone original disks. I play it from my sio2sd. I wish there was a way to avoid swapping atr images. Do your originals include documentation, Orpheus? I've never seen any sort of manual for The Brundles.

Original disks would be cool. I don't even have a floppy drive, let alone original disks. I play it from my sio2sd. I wish there was a way to avoid swapping atr images. Do your originals include documentation, Orpheus? I've never seen any sort of manual for The Brundles.

The manual is a piece of 8x11 folded in half and xeroxed. I can try and scan it later.

Now that I've finally finished my abbuc 2010 entry 'Gwobby Strikes Back' (unless I find any more bugs!), I've been playing Electro Maniac from last year's abbuc contest. A decent platform game but maybe a bit too hard, manage about 5-6 screens or so. Think I'll have to have a play with the construction set to make some levels a bit easier!

I've been trying to get into Castle Wolfenstein but have the same problem as I always had that I'm not sure what to do and get killed before I suss it out. Is the screen meant to flash annoyingly when you touch anything? Have created a new game, and set to two joysticks (firing on 2n one) but not sure if the game is working properly :?: Wish someone would make it not need to reload after each go. Off to check atarimania...

Also had a quick look at Imperium Galacticum (after recent thread on main A8 forum) but looks like I'll need to brush up on the manual to get started as apart from looking at planets not sure what to do :ponder:

The manual is a piece of 8x11 folded in half and xeroxed. I can try and scan it later.

Ok, I scanned both Brundles & Brundles Editor into PDF's, they were too large to upload here so I am hosting them at my site... Links here

http://orph.atarinet.com/atari/Brundles%20.PDF

http://orph.atarinet.com/atari/Brundles%20Editor.PDF

I can't stop playing Kaboom! Had 8,532 points last night :D

I'm also hooked on Decathlon but I'm afraid I may run out of joysticks!

Wow that's a great Kaboom! score I have 2325 on my pad... will play tomorrow with the paddles! For decathlon I used to save my broken quickshots (usually the 'up' broke due to playing flying games) so they were fine for decathlon as left right were ok... plus you could hold them by the base half way throught the 1500 meters and shake the stick part when you got under severe pressure from your mate :cool:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was spending some time playing the "Throttle" (hack) version of Pac-Man (8-bit) for a while. A lot of fun, especially when you've played it at standard speed for years. ;)

Pac-Man is great, and now he goes 150 mhp. :D

Sounds fun! Link please :)

I played Moon Patrol today - it is new in my small XL-collection. Now I own for my 600 XL: Moon Patrol, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Pengo, Pole Position,

Robotron: 2084 and Joust. I would like to play a few of these games in the HSC...(except Pac-Man, Robotron and Pengo)

We played already Robotron,Pengo & Pac-Man so that's ok! will add the others to the list :thumbsup: Possibly thinking of saving pole position for the end of the season :ponder:

I've been playing the abbuc software contest 2010 entries, they are really good games, seriously good quality. Also played Rockman (Mirage Software) today which I had the original disk for(!), nice game shame has no sound effects just music. Might be ok for the HSC next season :) (and Gorf and Zeppelin of course)...

I was spending some time playing the "Throttle" (hack) version of Pac-Man (8-bit) for a while. A lot of fun, especially when you've played it at standard speed for years. ;)

Pac-Man is great, and now he goes 150 mhp. :D

Sounds fun! Link please :)

Yea, it's a blast!

I can't remember the exact location of the link in the "5200 Hacks" forum, but here's the file

(Also included 5200 Throttle versions of Jr. & Ms. since the 8-bit versions haven't been done yet):

Pac-Man (Throttle).zip

Note: Credit goes to "Nukey Shay" here on Atariage for doing the hacks.

Edit: I forgot to mention, hold down your joystick trigger to engage warp speed. :D

Edited by MrFish

I finally played the arcade version of Lost Tomb. :)

I played with BASIC. Does that count?

Only if you share what you've been up to... I like BASIC :)

Sorry for the delay in replying; I don't type that fast.

I played 3D tic-tac-toe (4*4*4) that was written in BASIC but is a smart player.