IGNORED

Expansion Module game sneak peek

GroovyBee

For those of you not attending CGE 2010 here's a sneak peek at my Expansion Module game Dungeon! :-

post-21935-128062211786_thumb.pngpost-21935-128062213872_thumb.png

post-21935-128062214779_thumb.pngpost-21935-12806221582_thumb.png

Many thanks to sh3-rg for the fantastic graphics (as per usual). The title page has been hand edited because its a 160C image (it looks very close to that image on a TV). Its a single player, 8 way scroller that allows 25 colours per video scan line (the maximum the 7800 can do). Graphics are provisional and may change in the future. There is still a great deal of work to do on it. Hence there is no fixed release date and no binary available at this time.

• Like 16

For those of you not attending CGE 2010 here's a sneak peek at my Expansion Module game Dungeon! :-

Many thanks to sh3-rg for the fantastic graphics (as per usual). The title page has been hand edited because its a 160C image (it looks very close to that image on a TV). Its a single player, 8 way scroller that allows 25 colours per video scan line (the maximum the 7800 can do). Graphics are provisional and may change in the future. There is still a great deal of work to do on it. Hence there is no fixed release date and no binary available at this time.

Wow this looks amazing, i take it, its using the pockey chip for sound aswell?

holy crap - my jaw just hit the floor. Well done GroovyBee and sh3-rg!

Its a top down dungeon crawl but its not going to be Gauntlet.

Wow, it's looks great so far. So, it's going to borrow a few elements from Rogue? I mean I like Gauntlet and all but I would like to see if game that can look like Gauntlet but plays a bit different from it.

Edited by Bakasama

Soooo pur-ty! Kind of strange though, isn't it, when you don't have to worry so much about the display (though obviously you are programming around certain, advanced techniques!) and you can focus and fret on the design, logistics? ;)

Edited by AtariNerd

Wow, it's looks great so far. So, it's going to borrow a few elements from Rogue? I mean I like Gauntlet and all but I would like to see if game that can look like Gauntlet but plays a bit different from it.

Thanks for the compliment. I have thought about randomly generated levels. The levels in the game can be quite large. However, there is a ton of work to do before it gets to that stage.

Soooo pur-ty! Kind of strange though, isn't it, when you don't have to worry so much about the display (though obviously you are programming around certain, advanced techniques!) and you can focus and fret on the design, logistics? ;)

Thanks for the compliment. The Expansion Module cannot increase the number of video cycles available to MARIA so the game still has to work within those fixed constraints. With the 7800, MARIA can either cope with what you ask it to do or it can't. If it can't cope you have to approach things differently.

This looks pretty good for being as early as it is in the development process.. I am sure it will be a joy to look at when it's complete down the road!

Only "pretty good" huh? :lol: ;) Plenty of work still to do. This is probably the last version that will work on a stock 7800 with a CC2. Any more changes and it becomes a fully fledged expansion module game.

This looks pretty good for being as early as it is in the development process.. I am sure it will be a joy to look at when it's complete down the road!

Only "pretty good" huh? :lol: ;) Plenty of work still to do. This is probably the last version that will work on a stock 7800 with a CC2. Any more changes and it becomes a fully fledged expansion module game.

I've seen better