IGNORED

Halloween demo cart stolen from AA at CGE 2010!

GroovyBee

I am very sad to report that the demo cart of the Halloween themed game made for CGE was stolen from the AA booth on Saturday afternoon so people attending on Sunday could not play the game :x. Some people are just scum, pure and simple :(.

Here's a picture of the cart :-

post-21935-128083032821_thumb.jpg

EDIT: To add picture.

Edited by GroovyBee

What kind of a Tool would do sucha thing. Dont they realize they are scum? Any hints as to who it may have been?

The AA booth was very popular so I guess nobody saw anything. It is a sad state of affairs but the most annoying thing to me is that true 7800 fans were denied the opportunity to play the game.

Is the binary unique as in nobody else has the exact same ROM contents?

At least if it is, you could quarantine it by ensuring any future versions are different, even if by just one byte.

Its not even the full game. It has a tiny partial level, only one boss, no working inventory system, no sound etc. It was just a demo to show what will be available on the 7800 in the near future.

Who ever ends up with this will claim ignorance. "I bought it from sumguy." Even if it is they themselves that took the item, if it surfaces ignorance will be claimed. If it is ever found, I don't care what the justification for the who or where, it should be returned to it's owner. It's not like the download wasn't on AA to begin with if anyone wants the file. An ill gotten prize is worthless. Shame on who ever did this, or keeps it one second longer once they find out it was stolen.

AX

Who ever ends up with this will claim ignorance. "I bought it from sumguy." Even if it is they themselves that took the item, if it surfaces ignorance will be claimed. If it is ever found, I don't care what the justification for the who or where, it should be returned to it's owner. It's not like the download wasn't on AA to begin with if anyone wants the file. An ill gotten prize is worthless. Shame on who ever did this, or keeps it one second longer once they find out it was stolen.

AX

Claiming ignorance doesn't matter under the law. Recieving stolen goods is just as much a crime as stealing it yourself.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that. It is just sad that some people in this world are scum.

You might want to contact some of the game sellers so that they are aware of this. I know that I get contacted a lot regarding purchasing games and I just sell on eBay. My guess is that the person who stole it is either keeping it for himself or will attempt to sell it to someone who is a known seller.

Edited by holygrailvideogames.com

AX

Ax, You are right here buddy they should give it up no matter what...so just hand it over and all peace will be restored to mankind....(even though I know you were not at the game show to begin with..you got powers..>!)

I once hosted a vendor booth at a local fairgrounds where the vendors were supplied with tents and there were locked barns. Well some of the carnies broke into the barn and stole a shit ton of DS games and consoles from the booth..Insurance covered the whole mess....maybe AA had insurance paid for with the booth rental?

I once hosted a vendor booth at a local fairgrounds where the vendors were supplied with tents and there were locked barns. Well some of the carnies broke into the barn and stole a shit ton of DS games and consoles from the booth..Insurance covered the whole mess....maybe AA had insurance paid for with the booth rental?

That's the answer, carnies took it. Small hands.

AX

Well, it doesn't seem to be a matter of insurance (cart probably cost $10), but rather the absence of the game from the convention. I usually get a kick hearing that game "x" was swiped from Konami or Capcom at E3 while under the watch of a half-dozen employees, but this is pathetic.

Well, it doesn't seem to be a matter of insurance (cart probably cost $10), but rather the absence of the game from the convention. I usually get a kick hearing that game "x" was swiped from Konami or Capcom at E3 while under the watch of a half-dozen employees, but this is pathetic.

Thanks for posting the actual cost, now filing an insurance claim for $1,000,000 would be useless...sorry Al....

A lot of time and effort went into getting stuff ready for the show. Its just a kick in the teeth to the 7800 fans wanting to see what's coming up in the coming months that irks me most of all.

Is it difficult to make two or three demo carts? If not, you can be prepared next time in case of thievery, accidental vomiting, malicious wiggling, or frantic frying.

• Like 1

Is it difficult to make two or three demo carts? If not, you can be prepared next time in case of thievery, accidental vomiting, malicious wiggling, or frantic frying.

Its not difficult to make the carts. Its just you don't really expect them to get stolen. Its not like AA is big corporation or that Al can go around to the back of the booth and get another "sample" from a big box.