IGNORED

Vectrex Mr. Boston Complete

Vectrexer

What is the reserve price? I just want to know if I am just wasting my time bidding if I don't really have a chance. I hate it when people post auctions with reserves... it is usually a waste of everyone's time.

I'll assure you that you just wasted more time typing this than you would have putting in your high bid.

• Like 1

What is the reserve price? I just want to know if I am just wasting my time bidding if I don't really have a chance. I hate it when people post auctions with reserves... it is usually a waste of everyone's time.

I'll assure you that you just wasted more time typing this than you would have putting in your high bid.

:rolling:

Considering I know how much it went for the first time... however I don't know the reserve this time. Oh joy, oh fun... I'd love to know who is currently winning because by the time the price reached where it is currently the first sale around, only me and David were left...

I also already have stop bidding on this item. ( i will love to have this bud price is goining crazy i think on this moment )my top bid whas about $1700

and i hate to bid on items with a reserve price

Edited by mawa

Why do people hate bidding on items with a reserve price? This makes no sense. If you use ebay the smart way you put in your MAX bid and forget it. The absolute maximum you are willing to pay for said item. If you win, great. If you don't then, no big deal. Think of the reserve as just another bidder.

If you want to do it the absolute smartest way possible you put in a snipe for your max bid. That way you don't get caught up in the competition aspect of the auction. Not to mention it is the best way to get any item for the cheapest possible price.

Why do people hate bidding on items with a reserve price? This makes no sense. If you use ebay the smart way you put in your MAX bid and forget it. The absolute maximum you are willing to pay for said item. If you win, great. If you don't then, no big deal. Think of the reserve as just another bidder.

If you want to do it the absolute smartest way possible you put in a snipe for your max bid. That way you don't get caught up in the competition aspect of the auction. Not to mention it is the best way to get any item for the cheapest possible price.

I hate reserves, because, even if you win you lose. :( It is a waste of time. Proxy bids are the most idiotic bids of all. Why put your top bid in, 7 days ahead of time,and let bidders, have a chance to think on it, and chip away at your bid. :? Sniping is the only way to go. ;)

I hate reserves, because, even if you win you lose. :( It is a waste of time. Proxy bids are the most idiotic bids of all. Why put your top bid in, 7 days ahead of time,and let bidders, have a chance to think on it, and chip away at your bid. :? Sniping is the only way to go. ;)

I understand not liking reserves because it is basically more competition, but that is just a fact of ebay life.

I understand not liking reserves because it is basically more competition, but that is just a fact of ebay life.

Actually, competition doesn't bother me. I just set my snipe and move on. It is the checking on the snipe and seeing I was top bidder, with the dreaded, RESERVE NOT MET, that I hate. :x

Actually, competition doesn't bother me. I just set my snipe and move on. It is the checking on the snipe and seeing I was top bidder, with the dreaded, RESERVE NOT MET, that I hate. :x

Yeah it sucks. Just think of it as another bidder and it is an easier pill to swallow.

I hate reserve prices because it is basically the seller posting a lie.

"Oh look... my item has a minimum bid of $5... isn't it tempting? Don't you want to bid on it thinking you will get a deal? Oh wait... there is no way in hell I'll take $5, you just THOUGHT you were the high bidder... I posted that bogus minimum bid just to get you to bid and to save a bit on my listing fee. What? You want to know what my reserve is? No way in hell am I telling you that either."

Edited by the-topdog

There is another buying ploy that sometimes works. Some bidders actually want the price to go at a semi-high amount. This way they figure the snipers will be scared off by the already somewhat high price, and not even bother putting a bid in to snipe. In the end the high bidder is left standing with the item actually going lower than expected because they scared away the snipers.

There is another buying ploy that sometimes works. Some bidders actually want the price to go at a semi-high amount. This way they figure the snipers will be scared off by the already somewhat high price, and not even bother putting a bid in to snipe. In the end the high bidder is left standing with the item actually going lower than expected because they scared away the snipers.

Unless the price is already higher than my max, I always put my snipe in. I can't imagine this ever actually works.

Unless the price is already higher than my max, I always put my snipe in. I can't imagine this ever actually works.

I have seen it a few times. A good example was the Pepsi Invaders box that Decypher won. It had gone up to $2050 way early in the auction. Many expected it to go much higher, but in the end there was not a single snipe bid, and decypher won it for that amount. There was an Air Raid auction that Sylabus won for $1,500 that the same exact thing happened. There was also the sealed Stadium Events NES game that Bronty won for around $3,200. Again it had gone to the amount very early in the auction, and it just sat there. In the end no snipers even touched it. It has worked before, and I see it as a bluff of I am going to take this sky high bid.

For those who don't really get what I am talking about here is how it works. Say a $1,000 item goes up for auction, and lets say it is bid up to $800 the very first day. Snipers will see this, and some may pass thinking there is no point. Little do they know that it stays at $800 until the very end, because the snipers are scared off.