IGNORED

Intro Skip BIOS Install Offered

Yurkie

I installed a Intro skip BIOS on my modded ColecoVision. No more sitting through the 12 second slash screen delay. Press the controller fire button and it skip to the skill select screen. If you don't press the fire button, the regular 12 second delay remains.

I finally got the EPROMs and sockets and will offer this as a service for $30. This mod has been around for years. If anyone would like to do it themselves, there is information available on the Internet.

Here is a pic

post-23318-128164031905_thumb.jpg

I installed a Intro skip BIOS on my modded ColecoVision. No more sitting through the 12 second slash screen delay. Press the controller fire button and it skip to the skill select screen. If you don't press the fire button, the regular 12 second delay remains.

I finally got the EPROMs and sockets and will offer this as a service for $30. This mod has been around for years. If anyone would like to do it themselves, there is information available on the Internet.

Here is a pic

Nice work Yurkie! Using a socket for the eprom instead of soldering it back on to the motherboard is definetly the way to go in case someone wants to use a different modded BIOS.

Looks like I'm gonna have to pick up a second ColecoVision to send to you to get all your latest and greatest mods (Pause Button, Straigtened Cords, etc.) as my current system that you modded is not going ANYWHERE!

Keep up the great work and looking forward to any further developments on your part.

A Satisfied Customer,

Jim

I hope you realize that there is a byte in the BIOS to tell if the system is running on NTSC or PAT. Even if there is no effect on many games, I want to use this particular byte, called AMERICA in the official OS7' listing, to determine if it's a PAL or NTSC ColecoVision and deal with the value to run the right music speed and even the right clock speed.

I hope you realize that there is a byte in the BIOS to tell if the system is running on NTSC or PAT. Even if there is no effect on many games, I want to use this particular byte, called AMERICA in the official OS7' listing, to determine if it's a PAL or NTSC ColecoVision and deal with the value to run the right music speed and even the right clock speed.

I am assuming this is the NTSC BIOS with the fire button skip added to it. This is the binary used.

Perhaps you can verify weather or not it will not with PAL ColecoVisions Daniel. Thanks for the heads up.

I tested this with many ColecoVision carts and with the 128-1 and SD Multi-Carts and all the 1st party Coleco Games seem to work perfect.

ColecoVision BIOS (no title delay on fire).zip

Yes, the game system works whatever the PAL or NTSC byte is set correctly or not... but, this byte is refered as the frequency byte so programmers can use it in order to setup a clock correctly, like for the game skying (I didn't check this one, but I presume the clock is based on the byte value in question)

This is supposed to be the PAL version (hacked the NTSC version you gave me, but I've set the PAL value correctly)

ColecoVision BIOS (no title delay on fire) PAL.zip

And if you wonder why my zip file is smaller than yours... well, I simply don't use the same zip archiver than you.

Edited by newcoleco

Is there any way to have the title screen come up, but only for a couple of seconds? I'm not sure I'd want to jump straight to the options screen the moment I flipped on the system.

(Man, the NES spoiled me on proper title screens. Only a few ColecoVision games had them; mostly Konami and third-party releases)

Is there any way to have the title screen come up, but only for a couple of seconds? I'm not sure I'd want to jump straight to the options screen the moment I flipped on the system.

(Man, the NES spoiled me on proper title screens. Only a few ColecoVision games had them; mostly Konami and third-party releases)

It will stay on the title screen for the whole 12 seconds unless you press the fire button. You can wait a few seconds and then press the fire button if you want.

It's supposed to be 10 seconds... if you really get 12 seconds, you've a different bios than mine.

I never timed it, seems like an eternity to me. Especially if you screw up and die right away, press reset and have to wait on the title screen again. It is really sweet with the SD Multi. Highlight the game, press fire, look at the screen and make sure you loaded the game you wanted and then press fire, select the skill and start playing.

About 3 seconds:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/163446-diy-modifications-for-colecovision/page__view__findpost__p__2019225

5-11under

Edited by 5-11under

Well, it's 12 seconds after all. :roll:

I will install this BIOS chip for no additional charge for the next 3 people that send in their console for my $89 refurbish and A/V mod special. Previous transactions excluded. Here is a link

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/161610-colecovision-system-tune-up-and-av-mod-89-special/page__fromsearch__1

I am lowering the price to $25

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...