IGNORED

ColecoVision Custom Smurf Controller * Boxed controller *

Yurkie

I was asked by the programmer of the New upcoming Smurf game to make a custom controller.

I am still in the planning stages and am doing an interest check. It will be a single boxed controller (one player game), most likely with a window like the Mario Bros. Controller set.

It will be blue with white fire buttons and have a replacement ball knob and straightened original ColecoVision cord with a replacement underlay. I am considering a controller box that will include a compartment for the cartridge. For simplicities sake, I will probably just offer the controller in it's own box and you can buy a boxed copy of the game to accompany it.

I want to make 15 of these so that it is worthwhile for all the design time I am going to have in making a custom box for it. I am not going to have this project be a long drawn out process like the Mario Bros. was. This will be a one time offering.

Basically I want to exactly 15 no more no less. More than likely 11 of these will be up for sale with 4 reserved for publisher, artist, programmer and myself.

I know that people like to see examples and finished products, but I need some serious interest in this before I go to the trouble and expense of making an example to post.

The price will be $70 plus shipping, more if it ends up including the game cartridge.

I learned from doing the Mario Bros. controller set that about half the people that say they are interested end up following through. If you want to send me an IM I will put you on a list, however you must be prepared to make payment/deposit in a timely manner upon request, or I will move down the list to the next person.

• Like 3

I have 7 people interested. I would really like to get at least 3 more. I was going over the numbers and I might make 20. 16 For Sale to anyone that wants one and 4 reserved for myself, artist, programmer and publisher. It is expensive and time consuming to make these. I really appreciate everyones support so far.

• Like 2

I think that unfortunately for me, most people are holding out until they see the finished product. This really makes me appreciate the people that are supporting me up front. It would be really nice if I could get at least 3 more people to show interest now.

Youki if you would like to post on other forums and let people know that would be great.

• Like 2

I think that unfortunately for me, most people are holding out until they see the finished product. This really makes me appreciate the people that are supporting me up front. It would be really nice if I could get at least 3 more people to show interest now.

Youki if you would like to post on other forums and let people know that would be great.

Hi Yurkie, you can put me down for a second one, might as well have a pair. 2 to go I guess.

• Like 1

I printed a sample box and tray yesterday, I need to adjust my dimensioning but the box is looking good, thanks to graphics provided by crapchute!

I am going to begin dyeing 10 controllers today.

If all goes well I will be ready to ship 10 controllers a week from today. I'll dye another 10 in later in the week.

I plan to have all the controllers I am going to produce shipped no later than October 1st. As I said before this is not going to be a drawn out process like the Mario Bros. controllers where.

With 3 people wanting 2 each and the other requests for 1, 14 are already reserved.

I will post pictures of a completed controller and box and tray in the next few days. If you want one of these please post a request or send me an IM.

• Like 1

I printed a sample box and tray yesterday, I need to adjust my dimensioning but the box is looking good, thanks to graphics provided by crapchute!

If all goes well I will be ready to ship 10 controllers a week from today. I'll dye another 10 in later in the week.

I plan to have all the controllers I am going to produce shipped no later than October 1st. As I said before this is not going to be a drawn out process like the Mario Bros. controllers where.

With 3 people wanting 2 each and the other requests for 1, 14 are already reserved.

I will post pictures of a completed controller and box and tray in the next few days. If you want one of these please post a request or send me an IM.

Great news Yurkie, looking forward to these!icon_thumbsup.gif

Great to see this go ahead and looking forward to see the controller!