IGNORED

My review of the Lynx 2 on YouTube :o)

RetroGamerVX

Congratulations on a great video article.

You actually edited the article, very nice. You used a tripod to hold the video camera. In fact all the things every one else seems to forget when doing lynx articles, you did not do.

The only thing I would suggest is when using the tripod, don't move the unit to and fro, the video kept going out of focus, until the autofocus corrected it, at which point you moved again icon_razz.gif

But I think this was a very well balanced article. Many thanks.

You can see the remants of the cassette design with the design of the lynx. What they really should have done, hindsight being 20/20, is re-design the cartridge access like every other system with a fixed bank window and the ability to bank large carts using a special memory location/register and also the ability to turn off the cart to access the ram underneath the cartridge window. That's a much more flexible design than what got put in the Lynx...

• 2 months later...

Good review although my American ears found it a little difficult to decipher your accent... Can you work on that :D Just kidding.

I can't remember the year but I wanted a Lynx real bad for a Christmas in the early 90's. I remember playing it at one of those Incredible Universe stores. Anyways when Christmas came around a Sega Game Gear found its way under my tree...... :sad: I never even hinted for one of those.

I plan on collecting for the Lynx in the future but right now there is too much money going to my Jaguar addiction.

Hi all, I've put a review of the Lynx 2 up on YouTube, let me know what you think please :o)

Steve

Good review...Now to do a review of the original lynx (if you have one)...and how it compares to the new version

As for getting a lynx for 13 squid...lemme know what car booters you go to (car booters down this way, london) seem to be bereft of anything atari)

• 1 month later...

the thing that always bothered me about the left/right hand feature. before Nintendo became huge, right handers controlled things with their right hand. Atari joysticks had players grip the stick with their right hands and use their left fingers for buttons. Even the right-hand only joysticks like the Epyx said on the box for right handers only.

Then Nintendo came along and reversed everything! Now the D-pad is always controlled by the left hand and the buttons by the right hand. And if you get an arcade stick for your 360 or PS3, it's that setup too. You have the joystick in the left hand. But somehow all the gamers started to call this setup a right-handed setup?????? A joystick in your right hand is now called a left-handed setup????? How messed up is this?

• 2 years later...

I actually just came across this very video and was going to post about it and another one I found but thought I better do a search first. You did a really good job with this Steve, there are some really bad Lynx vids on You Tube like that toolstyevski one (or whatever he is actually called), that one is a total embarrasment.

Anyway this is the one I found, its a bit too long but very informative - dunno if this guy is a member here or not.