IGNORED

Anyone thirsty for some...

miker

Yes, yes! It's not a joke.

Vega is working on nice Dungeon Master clone. Currently it's on very early stage - you can walk through dungeons

and occasionally meet some more or less unpleasant creatures, just like this one here:

Thanks to some P/M manipulations the sprites are really big and colorful. The game is planned as Corina-type

cartridge (now 512 kBytes are reserved for the game) and PAL/NTSC compatible.

Temporarily the project is on hold but Vega promises returning to it as soon as he finds enough time, and, of course

if there will be any interest of DM.

So, anyone interested?

The music you hear is not from the game, just wanted to make the videos more "atmospheric". :)

Sorry for bad video quality, "++" doesn't have option to make videos, so I grab some random prog

and made these above with it. But glad to see you like it anyway!

Here's one more shot:

post-4727-128405932225_thumb.png

This looks promising. I hope, the final game will support more of the shades the A8 pallette has to offer ;)

It does :) the dli's and effects are not in place in the preview.
It comes on Corina? If it uses Digi sounds during gameplay, I'll get it surely...
I've got them prepared if Vega wants (or can) use them.

Btw, this his how it could look with mixed mode 15 (4 luminances of gray) and 9 (16 luminances of the same hue), without interlace.

Take a look only at the main view, because faces and icons shouldn't be mixed.

post-22831-128413062628_thumb.pngpost-22831-128413062701_thumb.pngpost-22831-12841306275_thumb.pngpost-22831-128413062803_thumb.pngpost-22831-128413062993_thumb.pngpost-22831-128413063081_thumb.pngpost-22831-12841306313_thumb.png

Tool to play with mixing attached - it takes a bitmap (.bmp) file as a command line parameter. The bmp should be 320x200x24bpp.

picmixer.zip

Edited by ilmenit

Miker... this really rocks... :) I definitly need more GR8 games... and a dev cart for me... ;)

Uunfortunatly at the moment RL sux more time than expected to continue coding but time will tell when some next project of mine will see the light... first is finally finishing Gridrunner and then I will return to Beyond Evil...

Maybe some of the guys could help me in terms of coding... ;)

could you not also turn this engine into a Bloodwych game or E ot B (eye of the beholder)game

Or possibly with a bit of tweaking a Doom/AvP type game engine

For crying out loud, this will not make a Doom or even a Wolfenstein. But it looks they're well on the way to having an engine suitable for Dungeon Master style RPGs.

Hi.

Thanks for the great jog you're doing.

Keep it like you're doing.

This "type of" Interlace look good at some distance and in a small Window, but Zoom and no way (sorry Ilmenit, that's my opinion).

ST and others use this type of Screen IMHO like you're doing. So, keep it like this, it's more faithfull to the original.

Never got into this kind of Games, so I went to some "YouTubing" and discouver this liitle Film (A8 choosen in many Games, almost always A8 version the choosen one, sadly it doesn't have versions of many of the Games there):

José Pereira.