IGNORED

My collection of custom ColecoVision boxes

Pixelboy

Very Cool. :thumbsup:

Thanks. :D

I should mention that the box art for Amazing Bumpman, Cosmic Crisis, Strike It and Reversi were drawn by Chris Coles. In fact, you can see the various box artworks in the "Artwork" section of his web site.

I'm seriously considering having similar custom boxes created for John Dondzila's Space Invasion and Star Fortress, as well as Daniel Bienvenu's GhostBlaster and probably Steve Begin's port of Lode Runner. But those are long-term projects. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering how that guy got a full box when mine is this little tiny box. :(

It is still not right to sell it this way. I would have put in the description that it was a Pixelboy homebrew box :)

It is kinda misleading because I thought wow maybe the original release had a full size box.

I doubt it would be where his boxes are produced because the guy says the one in the picture is an example of his box and the one you would get would be a sealed box.

The guys making the boxes would actually bother to buy the games to do this ?

I was wondering how that guy got a full box when mine is this little tiny box. :(

It is still not right to sell it this way. I would have put in the description that it was a Pixelboy homebrew box :)

It is kinda misleading because I thought wow maybe the original release had a full size box.

I doubt it would be where his boxes are produced because the guy says the one in the picture is an example of his box and the one you would get would be a sealed box.

The guys making the boxes would actually bother to buy the games to do this ?

I bet the guy is making the whole thing. Look for remakes on all the CIB homebrews if he makes money on this one. People got pissed about the roms...now it looks like we have counterfeit homebrew CIBs!

I bet the guy is making the whole thing. Look for remakes on all the CIB homebrews if he makes money on this one. People got pissed about the roms...now it looks like we have counterfeit homebrew CIBs!

yeah I guess your right if they make a lot of money then I guess it could be them because it would be worth it for them to make extra boxes and then go get the games.

However if the standing $55 is all he gets then that would not be enough since to buy the game it is like $35 or something isn't it. So he would not really be making much money if anything since I am sure he didn't produce 100 boxes.

Here is the answer I received

The tiny boxes were made for the only 'official' release. A handful of these large boxes were later made for a special release, which match the size of the original CV boxes. Not more than a few are in existence, that I know of, and most belong to the producer, game designer & box designer. I hope this helps and GOOD LUCK!

So don't know if that was what he was told when he bought it or he is a friend of Philipp Krause or whoever the producer is. I assume by this quote that Luc gave boxes to the producer and Philipp and himself :)

So unless it was one of your friends that you gave an extra to then Philipp or the producer must have given him one of their extras.

Dan

Here is the answer I received

The tiny boxes were made for the only 'official' release. A handful of these large boxes were later made for a special release, which match the size of the original CV boxes. Not more than a few are in existence, that I know of, and most belong to the producer, game designer & box designer. I hope this helps and GOOD LUCK!

So don't know if that was what he was told when he bought it or he is a friend of Philipp Krause or whoever the producer is. I assume by this quote that Luc gave boxes to the producer and Philipp and himself :)

So unless it was one of your friends that you gave an extra to then Philipp or the producer must have given him one of their extras.

There was no "producer" to speak of. I gave my template file to Marc Oberhäuser, asked him to print a few copies, which were shipped to me directly. Once the boxes were glued together, I sent at least one such box to Philipp.

Or did I...? I vaguely recall something about Marc sending a box directly to Philipp, since they're both in Germany. But I don't recall which box it was: Monster Masher? Search For The Stolen Crown Jewels? Cye? All of them? I can't recall.

And it's also entirely possible that I gave or sold a box to someone but I can't remember when or who.

Philipp himself may be able to shed some light on this mystery. :)

All I know is I hope this doesn't turn into another stupid Rom situation. I gotta say I love your work and I love my Jeepers Creepers Box.

If people you sold or gave boxes to sell there stuff they should be nice enough to you and the potential purchasers to just say in the description that this game is with a Homebrew Box from Pixelboy.