IGNORED

Free sprites for the taking

PAC-MAN-RED

Nice work!!!

Thanks for sharing.

I wonder of you can help me with some tennis players. I'd like to do a "yet another tennis".

--devwebcl

Sure I'd like to help you. Just let me know the max size of the sprites, how many frames for them, any color specifications you have and which way the sprites are facing. :)

Edited by PAC-MAN-RED

Nice work!!!

Thanks for sharing.

I wonder of you can help me with some tennis players. I'd like to do a "yet another tennis".

--devwebcl

Sure I'd like to help you. Just let me know the max size of the sprites, how many frames for them, any color specifications you have and which way the sprites are facing. :)

Great. I've been thinking in a 8x16, maybe 10x10 or smaller, actually the smaller size that show smooth movements when it is hitting the ball; mono color and facing from left to right and forward and backward. The idea is to generate a 3D effect in the player although is a 2D game (very common in tennis games).

Probably the best part I am looking for is when the player is serving and hitting the ball so when it can be seen clearly in which part of the racket the ball is touching (similar to Activision tennis) so the game will depend on those parameters.

Regards,

Devwebcl

Regarding gameplay, have you ever played GameBoy Tennis?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7jyWR3HDBU&feature=related

oh yes, I used to play it a lot on emulator and Gameboy color.

I used to win at the hardest level as well the Atari Tennis 8bits, PCE, Virtua Tennis among others.

I'd like to do a mixed version taking some features of different games, however I haven't decided everything yet. I think will depend on the look&feel I can get with batari.

Nice work!!!

Thanks for sharing.

--devwebcl

Great. I've been thinking in a 8x16, maybe 10x10 or smaller, actually the smaller size that show smooth movements when it is hitting the ball; mono color and facing from left to right and forward and backward. The idea is to generate a 3D effect in the player although is a 2D game (very common in tennis games).

Probably the best part I am looking for is when the player is serving and hitting the ball so when it can be seen clearly in which part of the racket the ball is touching (similar to Activision tennis) so the game will depend on those parameters.

Regards,

Devwebcl

batari Basic wont support single sprites more than 8 pixels wide. So I went with the 8x16. Took me awhile to make them but they should be at least useful, and feel free to change or omit anything you like. :)

post-26314-128512638115_thumb.png

Tennis Player.zip

Nice work!!!

Thanks for sharing.

--devwebcl

Regards,

Devwebcl

batari Basic wont support single sprites more than 8 pixels wide. So I went with the 8x16. Took me awhile to make them but they should be at least useful, and feel free to change or omit anything you like. :)

Tennis Player.zip

Thanks a lot!!! :)

I appreciate your effort. I will

Nice work!!!

Thanks for sharing.

--devwebcl

Regards,

Devwebcl

Tennis Player.zip

Thanks a lot!!! :)

I appreciate your effort. I will

You're Welcome. :)

I've made Part 2, the final part, of a few more Knight sprites for everyone. The .SPR files are named so as to not overwrite the earlier Knight sprite files if they are placed in the same folder.

And last, but not least, the Slime is a 4 frame animation that includes the still frame. :)

post-26314-128533972175_thumb.png

Knight Sprites part2.zip

post-26314-128533981674_thumb.png

Slime.zip

• Like 1

post-26314-128560613439_thumb.png

All of the sprites have been taken from the NES version of Gauntlet II. They've been put through a Freeware program called Falco GIF Animator which I used to reduce the roughly 16x16 sprites to 8x8 sprites, and then I made them into .SPR files for bBasic.

At the most, only a few pixels have been changed to any of the sprites, and/or some whole sprites have been moved either Left, Right, Up, or Down to return the Gauntlet feel that was lost during conversion.

post-26314-128560618948_thumb.png

Gauntlet II Ghost.zip

• Like 1

post-26314-128608071469_thumb.png

Here are the last few remaining Non-Enemy sprites that I think needed conversion... The Generators. :) I believe the Wall, Door, and Teleport sprites, amongst others, don't need conversion and could be achieved by using the Playfield to create them instead; That is to say - IF Gauntlet II were ever to be attempted for the 2600. :ponder:

post-26314-128608074786_thumb.png

Gauntlet II Non-Enemy Sprites part2 - Generators.zip

Of course this next sprite was inevitable... :rolling:

post-26314-128608092647_thumb.png

Gauntlet II Death.zip

• Like 1

An 8x8 run cycle. This time there's no head bob - it was a sacrificed for more detail on the body and a more proportioned head.

post-23476-12861196463_thumb.gif post-23476-128611965591_thumb.gif

To me it looks more like a generic video game runner. Also, the standing frame could easily be converted into a up/down walk cycle by just shortening alternating arms and legs to give them motion.

post-23476-128611992303_thumb.gif

• Like 1

An 8x8 run cycle. This time there's no head bob - it was a sacrificed for more detail on the body and a more proportioned head.

post-23476-12861196463_thumb.gif post-23476-128611965591_thumb.gif

To me it looks more like a generic video game runner. Also, the standing frame could easily be converted into a up/down walk cycle by just shortening alternating arms and legs to give them motion.

post-23476-128611992303_thumb.gif

That's pretty good. I'm not sure why, but the way he moves looks familiar... almost Lode Runner-esque. :P I'll do up the Sprite files for ya a little later. :)

That's pretty good. I'm not sure why, but the way he moves looks familiar... almost Lode Runner-esque. :P I'll do up the Sprite files for ya a little later. :)

The conversion would be much appreciated!

I agree that he seems kinda familiar, but I think it's just that non-bobbing floaty run cycles were pretty common back in the day.

Given that this is "help yourself" art, it's probably a good thing that he looks generic; nobody will likely notice if he turns up in a few games.

The conversion would be much appreciated!

I agree that he seems kinda familiar, but I think it's just that non-bobbing floaty run cycles were pretty common back in the day.

Given that this is "help yourself" art, it's probably a good thing that he looks generic; nobody will likely notice if he turns up in a few games.

lol.. yes you have a point there. :) Sprite files have been created. :thumbsup:

post-26314-128614020707_thumb.png

8x8_running_man_sprite.zip