IGNORED

Free sprites for the taking

PAC-MAN-RED

post-26314-128659637782_thumb.png

And now the moment you've all been waiting for, drum roll please....... Ta da! The hero sprites are finished. :party:

This concludes the Gauntlet II to 2600 sprite conversion to the best of my abilities - at this time. Enjoy! :)

post-26314-128659641415_thumb.png

Gauntlet II Elf Player.zip

post-26314-128659646669_thumb.png

Gauntlet II Valkyrie Player.zip

post-26314-128659652594_thumb.png

Gauntlet II Warrior Player.zip

post-26314-1286596569_thumb.png

Gauntlet II Wizard Player.zip

• Like 1

oooOOOOWWW!! Hey kids I've got some scarey sprites for you today! heh heh heh oooOOOOWWW!! First off we start with the most frightening, bone chilling sprite of them all... a Door! oooOOOOWWW!! *Lightening crashes* heh heh heh You were scared weren't you kids?! :)

That was for all of those Count Floyd fans out there. :D

Anyway, rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated... besides I became a zombie instead. Sure you can stay awake forever and get more sprites done, but being cold and hungry all the time is a bit of a draw back. I manage to fuel my hunger habit by asking people for CHHAAAANNNGE.. :skull: :)

Sprites range from 8x8 to 8x16.

post-26314-128698194018_thumb.png

Doors Animated Sprites.zip

post-26314-128698195663_thumb.png

Ghost01.zip

post-26314-128698197377_thumb.png

Grave Stones & Graves.zip

post-26314-128698201752_thumb.png

Jack_o_lantern.zip

post-26314-128698204358_thumb.png

Pumpkins.zip

• Like 2

oooOOOOWWW!! Hey kids I've got some scarey sprites for you today! heh heh heh oooOOOOWWW!! First off we start with the most frightening, bone chilling sprite of them all... a Door! oooOOOOWWW!! *Lightening crashes* heh heh heh You were scared weren't you kids?! :)

Anyway, rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated... besides I became a zombie instead. Sure you can stay awake forever and get more sprites done, but being cold and hungry all the time is a bit of a draw back. I manage to fuel my hunger habit by asking people for CHHAAAANNNGE.. :skull: :)

Ghost01.zip

Jack_o_lantern.zip

Pumpkins.zip

I am working on converting one of my Flash games to the 2600 and been working on a ghost sprite. Yours are so much better then mine. Keep up the great work and thank you.

I am working on converting one of my Flash games to the 2600 and been working on a ghost sprite. Yours are so much better then mine. Keep up the great work and thank you.

Hey I'm glad I could help out and contribute something for everyone. :) Thank you very much. There will be more examples of ghosts and other ghoulish sprites before Halloween. :skull: :-o

Edited by PAC-MAN-RED

Slight break from all of the Halloween stuff for a freshly completed conversion of SMB - Large Mario sprites. This inspiration comes from jbs30000s' continuing challenges with his Super Mario game for the 2600. :) His latest efforts can be found here.

Firstly, there are 2 versions of the still frame, followed by the 3 animated walking frames, jump, crouch, and the skid/turn around.

post-26314-128755376392_thumb.png

Super Mario (Large).zip

Still - Frame1 - Frame2 - Frame3 - Jump - Skid/Turn Around - Death(Mama Mia! I Forgot this the first time around.)

post-26314-128767486312_thumb.png

Super Mario (Small).zip

Editing this post to add in the Non-Multicolor Mario Sprites. :P

post-26314-128758861535_thumb.png

Super Mario non-multicolor(Large).zip

Mario Death sprite added here too.

post-26314-128771666582_thumb.png

Super Mario non-multicolor(Small).zip

Edited by PAC-MAN-RED
  • Like 2

Hey PMR, its a shame that a lot of your hard work is getting buried in the forum pages.

Ever think about putting it on a web page, or letting RT host it on a 1-bit graphics page?

Either way it would really be cool if you highlighted some tips for 2600 graphics creation at the top, like the way you use shadow on the body to introduce color elements, etc.

Anyway, just a thought I had.

Hey PMR, its a shame that a lot of your hard work is getting buried in the forum pages.

Ever think about putting it on a web page, or letting RT host it on a 1-bit graphics page?

Either way it would really be cool if you highlighted some tips for 2600 graphics creation at the top, like the way you use shadow on the body to introduce color elements, etc.

Anyway, just a thought I had.

I have thought about creating a web page for the sprites too. Give away my secrets!?!? Oh..alright. :P I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the great ideas. :)

Here's a small update for the free sprites, because I've been busy working on a web page for them. :) I will continue to make free sprites, as well I will make SOME for download either on donation or for a very small price like 25 cents or something just to help pay for any costs associated with having a web page, and as "incentive" to keep making sprites. :P

post-26314-128795600646_thumb.png

Candle01.zip

Candle02.zip

Ghost01.zip

Jack_o_lantern.zip

Pumpkins.zip

I think those Jack O'Lanterns are going to be perfect for a little game I'm currently working on!!!

Jack_o_lantern.zip

I think those Jack O'Lanterns are going to be perfect for a little game I'm currently working on!!!

Excellent! :) Hey, hows the rewrite for Meltdown going? Just curious. :)

Jack_o_lantern.zip

Excellent! :) Hey, hows the rewrite for Meltdown going? Just curious. :)

Slowly, trying to implement some new game play which should make the game more dynamic, but I keep running into compiler issues, so its coming, just very slowly.

-Disjaukifa