IGNORED

Free sprites for the taking

PAC-MAN-RED

Excellent!

I prefer #3 with #2 central part.

Is it complicated to make a side animation (left or right)?

Well those were fun, but I think I managed to capture the spirit of the animation.

WARNING! Educational tidbit ahead! :D

After capturing all of the side frames I laid them out in order, labeled them, put them on a matrix based on the sprites pixel size, and lined them up with the Still frame. Excuse the gaudy colors, I was in a hurry. :P

post-26314-129571479223_thumb.png Still Frame + 8 Frame Animation -> post-26314-129571481885_thumb.gif 8 Frame Animation -> post-26314-12957148388_thumb.gif

TRHS Janet Side Animation.zip

• Like 2

Excellent!

I prefer #3 with #2 central part.

Is it complicated to make a side animation (left or right)?

Well those were fun, but I think I managed to capture the spirit of the animation.

WARNING! Educational tidbit ahead! :D

After capturing all of the side frames I laid them out in order, labeled them, put them on a matrix based on the sprites pixel size, and lined them up with the Still frame. Excuse the gaudy colors, I was in a hurry. :P

post-26314-129571479223_thumb.png Still Frame + 8 Frame Animation -> post-26314-129571481885_thumb.gif 8 Frame Animation -> post-26314-12957148388_thumb.gif

TRHS Janet Side Animation.zip

:thumbsup:

Not bad...

Rocky 02.bas.bin

EDIT

V.02

You're right, it's not bad. I do find that some of the letters are difficult to make out though.

It's like doing a Timewarp... again. icon_music.gif

My "not bad" was ironical.

Your animations are wonderful! You've done a terrific work converting Janet's sprites.

You have pressed fire button at titlescreen, don't you?

Not bad...

Rocky 02.bas.bin

EDIT

V.02

You're right, it's not bad. I do find that some of the letters are difficult to make out though.

It's like doing a Timewarp... again. icon_music.gif

My "not bad" was ironical.

Your animations are wonderful! You've done a terrific work converting Janet's sprites.

You have pressed fire button at titlescreen, don't you?

Er.. um yah... Yah I did...... no... No I didn't. :| I checked it out while I was too sleepy. My bad.

*presses fire*

Say, that does look really nice! Janet might be upset when she finds that her shoes don't go with everything anymore. hehe :grin:

What about Magenta? How many frames? icon_wink.gif

VCS background color is black. Therefore I had to change Janet shoes color.

post-12528-129581756467_thumb.png

Magenta is 8 frames, with no still frame as far as I can find. She's animated nearly the same as Janet is.

post-26314-129593818782_thumb.png Magenta Animated -> post-26314-129593839272_thumb.gif

EDIT - Revised and corrected sprites. :P

TRHS Magenta Side Animation.zip

OR

TRHS Magenta Side Animation V2 - no gaps in hair.zip

Edited by PAC-MAN-RED
  • Like 2

Outstanding work, as usual!

Thank you very much. :) How's the programming side of things going? Are we going for a complete conversion of The Rocky Horror Show from the Commie 128, or a game based on it?

After watching a few videos, and listening to the music on Youtube; I gotta say the music is nice, but when it loops for more than 10 minutes - it's getting close to the hell that is the Ghostbusters game for nearly every early platform.(See Angry Video Game Nerds review on Youtube) :P

I will try to add Magenta to my previous demo.

My goal is to make a game for Atari VCS but I don't know if I'll have a lot of time in the coming months.

Regarding music, luckily it will be played only in titlescreen.

But I am looking forward to hear an outstanding music by diogoandrei.

Here is the new version with Magenta.

(many thanks to RevEng for big and little programming advices)

Rocky 05.bas.bin

At title screen press fire button!

PAC-MAN-RED, could you please check if Magenta animation is OK or some little change should be made?

When sprites overlap, the effect is not very beautiful because of the outline design style.

I think it is not easy to ameliorate the situation.

Moreover, in the game the sprites should not always and entirely overlap like in the demo.

Here is the new version with Magenta.

(many thanks to RevEng for big and little programming advices)

Rocky 05.bas.bin

At title screen press fire button!

PAC-MAN-RED, could you please check if Magenta animation is OK or some little change should be made?

When sprites overlap, the effect is not very beautiful because of the outline design style.

I think it is not easy to ameliorate the situation.

Moreover, in the game the sprites should not always and entirely overlap like in the demo.

EDIT

I've revised the original posted Magenta sprite files to correct a modification to the color that I made to make the animated GIF. Added a No gap in the hair version as a separate download. :)

Edited by PAC-MAN-RED