IGNORED

ColecoVision - Mario Bros Revision.A - Rom Release?

retroillucid

Many fans out there ask me if I could release the Final Revision A rom ...

Since no cart release is planned anymore, I wanted peoples enjoy this version

If you want to get the REV.A rom file, here's how to do it:

Simply contact me by mail about the REV.A rom and I'll give you the instructions

Here's the changes that feature the Classic REV.A Edition:

-Made enemies speed up on higher levels (level 64 is now hardest level)

-Added music for all intermissions

-Added code for red fireball bounce sound

-Added code for green fireball sound

-Added attract mode tables and functionality

-Modified player and enemy wraparound to occur at x>248 (no more fully offscreen)

Hi,

so does that mean Mario Bros is also available for the folks that didn't get to buy a cartridge ?

If that is the case, would you accept a small fee for getting the ROM file?

I mean, for sure you got quite some costs for getting the game programmed.

And I think it's nice to further support such projects ;)

Hi,

so does that mean Mario Bros is also available for the folks that didn't get to buy a cartridge ?

If that is the case, would you accept a small fee for getting the ROM file?

I mean, for sure you got quite some costs for getting the game programmed.

And I think it's nice to further support such projects ;)

Yes,

If you're interested, contact me :)

This's our first step in digital distribution

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is the Mario Bros. rom that was included in AtariMax's CV Ultimate SD cart the revised version? Or has it been updated since the SD cart's release?

Yes its different from the one included in the SD Cart, It has been revised to REV.A... including improvements like music to all intermission, difficulty ajusted, more SFX... etc..

Is the Mario Bros. rom that was included in AtariMax's CV Ultimate SD cart the revised version? Or has it been updated since the SD cart's release?

Yes its different from the one included in the SD Cart, It has been revised to REV.A... including improvements like music to all intermission, difficulty ajusted, more SFX... etc..

Ah, sweet. Then count me in as well! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I sent you an email but no response, pm no response. I've been looking all over the net and can't find the ROM.

Many fans out there ask me if I could release the Final Revision A rom ...

Since no cart release is planned anymore, I wanted peoples enjoy this version

If you want to get the REV.A rom file, here's how to do it:

Simply contact me by mail about the REV.A rom and I'll give you the instructions

Here's the changes that feature the Classic REV.A Edition:

-Made enemies speed up on higher levels (level 64 is now hardest level)

-Added music for all intermissions

-Added code for red fireball bounce sound

-Added code for green fireball sound

-Added attract mode tables and functionality

-Modified player and enemy wraparound to occur at x>248 (no more fully offscreen)

Edited by Dennis Stith

Is there any alternative? $130 is a lot to pay just to acquire one 32kb rom file. I would buy the Atarimax SD but I just like the carts I currently have and use those, so I haven't really needed it. It doesn't seem like it would make common sense to spend that much at this point.

I sent you an email but no response, pm no response. I've been looking all over the net and can't find the ROM.

Sorry, I'm still pretty busy ... I do have a bunch of emails to awnser

You can have the Mario Bros REV.A rom when buying the Atarimax SD multicart

Also included is Mr.Chin

Is there any alternative?

Yep, wait some time as I'm planning to re-release Mario Bros at awesome price ;)

$130 is a lot to pay just to acquire one 32kb rom file. I would buy the Atarimax SD but I just like the carts I currently have and use those, so I haven't really needed it. It doesn't seem like it would make common sense to spend that much at this point.

Mario Bros is not a 32K rom .... it's a 128K Rom file wich is only compatible with Bank-Switching PCB (MegaCart)

$130 is really cheap for this wonderfull peace of hardware ;) :D

The question is, why would you want the rom file if you prefer the actual cart? ;) :P

Edited by retroillucid

Is there any alternative? $130 is a lot to pay just to acquire one 32kb rom file. I would buy the Atarimax SD but I just like the carts I currently have and use those, so I haven't really needed it. It doesn't seem like it would make common sense to spend that much at this point.

Unfortunately, no alternative option to date and $130 for the AtariMax Ultimate SD Cart with the Mario Bros. Rev A. (FULL GAME) and Mr. Chin (FULL GAME) rom files is far cheaper than any other option currently available....

:arrow: Original Mario Bros CIB recently sold for some $300 on eBay the other day

:arrow: A couple MB Rev. A CIBs sold for $300 last month

:arrow: If Mr. Chin CIB showed up on eBay, it would probably go for between $250-$300

So, at least with the AtariMax SD Cart, you get the game roms as well and then can download all the original CV game roms and a good number of the Homebrews game roms and put them on the SD Cart to play on the CV.

Wait, so the Atarimax cart has the revised Mario Bros. ROM? Back in 2010 you posted it wasn't the same ROM as the REV.A:

So I'm confused :?