IGNORED

SpartaDOS X MyIDE Driver

flashjazzcat

Trub has sent me the 4.43 beta ROMs, so anyone who wants to test, please let me know (if you haven't already). I'd like to get FDISK in a reasonably completed state before sending out the ROMs (although FDISK will necessarily be disk based). It's a couple of days' work. My mum's also in hospital, so please bear with me while I get everything ready.

Seem like this great tool doesn't have a very large following, with only 7 downloads for the latest driver. Else everyone is waiting for the final output.

Not all of us have internal MYIDE setups... mine is not installed in a system at this time. Otherwise I would love to test it out.

And since it won't work with an external AtariMax MyIDE cart, I can't go that route either.

can you send me 4.3 rom please?

Of course: as soon as I have the ROMs patched. :)

Not all of us have internal MYIDE setups... mine is not installed in a system at this time. Otherwise I would love to test it out.

And since it won't work with an external AtariMax MyIDE cart, I can't go that route either.

It will work with an external AtariMax MyIDE cart: I have the ROM here ready to customize. :D

Take care of your mom first.

Thanks. :)

Here's a video of the file selector running with the S_VBXE driver (ignore the empty partition table in the background: I screwed up the geometry of my emulated drive so FDISK thinks it's uninitialized).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sep7FbFC9WY

The file selector is part of an interface library I'll use later on (fortunate given the amount of work that's gone into the library and that FDISK is something of a run-once program).

Note this works in standard text mode if you don't have VBXE, or emulated 80 column mode with Draco's other driver.

It will work with an external AtariMax MyIDE cart: I have the ROM here ready to customize. icon_mrgreen.gif

So I can use a MaxFLash MyIDE and MaxFlash SDX 4??

So how are you going to stack them together without a pass through. or a dual port cartridge adapter 'like the MIO 130xe connecter.

It will work with an external AtariMax MyIDE cart: I have the ROM here ready to customize. icon_mrgreen.gif

So I can use a MaxFLash MyIDE and MaxFlash SDX 4??

So how are you going to stack them together without a pass through. or a dual port cartridge adapter 'like the MIO 130xe connecter.

No - single cart. The MaxFlash cart contains the SDX ROM (as opposed to BASIC cart), and the IDE adapter is on the top. Here is mine with a Transcend IDE module. Can't get more compact.

post-650-128831920664_thumb.jpg

No - single cart. The MaxFlash cart contains the SDX ROM (as opposed to BASIC cart), and the IDE adapter is on the top. Here is mine with a Transcend IDE module. Can't get more compact.

1. Where is this transcend module available? I currently have CF adapter plugged into mine and 2 or 3 CF cards for it.
  2. Does it require the power mod to the MyIDE (pin 20 I think it was???).

1. Where is this transcend module available? I currently have CF adapter plugged into mine and 2 or 3 CF cards for it.

1. EBay is where I've looked, but they tend to be expensive. I gave up on them after I realized they don't support CFA mode, and thus no 512 byte sectors. Shame, because they look damned neat.

2. Yep - pin 20. I think it works with IDE modules.

Edited by flashjazzcat

1. EBay is where I've looked, but they tend to be expensive. I gave up on them after I realized they don't support CFA mode, and thus no 512 byte sectors. Shame, because they look damned neat.

2. Yep - pin 20. I think it works with IDE modules.

Being an SDX user, I want the 512 byte mode so what are my options for that?

Being an SDX user, I want the 512 byte mode so what are my options for that?

1. MaxFlash MyIDE Flash cart, flashed with (forthcoming) SDX MyIDE Flash ROM, and CF adapter plugged in the back.

2. IntSDX with non-Flash MyIDE cart with CF adapter (my set-up).

3. Internal MyIDE with external MaxFlash cart (with SDX).

4. Wait for the new hardware, and get SDX+flash cart+RTC+built-in CF adapter.

Simon: You should know I do

If anyone needs help with PCB design i'll help if the time allows, Side was 3 days of hard work, but if all get well, pcb should look awesome

as for the codename - in the end it is me to decide ;) so its side, what it does stand for? ;) Well, it looks nice under AtariAge logo, and it was a bit better name than MBAC as FJC's wife suggested ;)