IGNORED

Blob Ball Sound Effects

Primordial Ooze

I am creating a port of blob ball, a minigame in the nes version of klax and would like to know what would be the atari 2600 equivalent of the drum sound, when the sound effect played when the ball bounces off the paddle and the scream sound effect which plays when the ball hits the spikes. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ooze Orbs

EDIT: Moved from Programming Forum as it was placed there incorrectly. Can a mod please delete the topic?

• 1 month later...

I am creating a port of blob ball, a minigame in the nes version of klax and would like to know what would be the atari 2600 equivalent of the drum sound, when the sound effect played when the ball bounces off the paddle and the scream sound effect which plays when the ball hits the spikes. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ooze Orbs

EDIT: Moved from Programming Forum as it was placed there incorrectly. Can a mod please delete the topic?

Hi guys, I'm bumping this topic in hopes that someone could help me out with converting the sound effects of the nes version of blob ball to an Atari 2600 version. I'm still working on this project and as this topic is now 2 months old with no replies i feel a bit discouraged.

Primordial Ooze

Hi guys, I'm bumping this topic in hopes that someone could help me out with converting the sound effects of the nes version of blob ball to an Atari 2600 version. I'm still working on this project and as this topic is now 2 months old with no replies i feel a bit discouraged.

Could you not use interim sound effects? I think that it'll be hard to match the NES sound effects exactly given the differences in the way sound generation is achieved between the machines. Your best bet would be to create your own approximations to those sounds.

• 2 months later...