IGNORED

New Skunkboard on the way?

Sauron

Hi

Some time ago,i told DAN,that i want a Skunkboard.But never got any information :( and no answers.

greetings Walter

I am Dan, and what I probably said was that you should become a GOAT Store member and sign up for the mailing list, which is where we sent info out to first when we had about 10 from the last batch to sell, and now with this batch. That was really all that I could say then. Now that this is confirmed, I'm sharing it here so that people know.

If you want one, please head to http://www.goatstore.com, head to Jaguar and pre-order a Skunkboard Rev. 3 Ghost. That's it :)

As for the dates in the emails saying Feb 2011, I apologize, I thought that it was a generic email stating that we would ship them as soon as they were complete, and it must still be our ORIGINAL one when we thought we were on track for a Feb 2011 date. It will be Feb 2012 or, hopefully, sooner :)

Hi

Some time ago,i told DAN,that i want a Skunkboard.But never got any information :( and no answers.

greetings Walter

I am Dan, and what I probably said was that you should become a GOAT Store member and sign up for the mailing list, which is where we sent info out to first when we had about 10 from the last batch to sell, and now with this batch. That was really all that I could say then. Now that this is confirmed, I'm sharing it here so that people know.

If you want one, please head to http://www.goatstore.com, head to Jaguar and pre-order a Skunkboard Rev. 3 Ghost. That's it :)

As for the dates in the emails saying Feb 2011, I apologize, I thought that it was a generic email stating that we would ship them as soon as they were complete, and it must still be our ORIGINAL one when we thought we were on track for a Feb 2011 date. It will be Feb 2012 or, hopefully, sooner :)

I went to goat store and signed up twice but to this day I have never seen any emails from goatstore.com.

I do not know if they are going right to spam or what, Cause I do not know when they come out.

I am glad I caught this post today, I made a pre order of the ghost run, I am a heavy reader of the 8 bit forum, but only browse the Jag forums once in awhile.

Best Regards

Robert Miller

Weird. Comcast sometimes eats our emails I know (WEIRD thing with them, it used to be I couldn't even email those with Comcast with normal emails and when I wrote them they said that someone reported us as "known spammers" and even though the person I was emailing asked them to allow it, they said no. That seems to have been cleared up, so I don't know. I guess make sure you aren't blocking anything from goatstore.com, and sign into your account and make sure that you are signed up both for "Site News" and "Member Specials". We rarely use member specials, so "Site News" is the key one to sign up for.

Sorry about that, but glad you got one!

I've tried to order one, added to cart, checked out, signed up, entered address etc, then went to pay (via paypal), but the page kept failing to load.. And now I can't load a single page from there..

Though I have received a mail confirming my order, though I still can't load any pages, and never actually reached any payment page..

Is the fact I have an email receipt, confirmation enough that it's worked ?

I've tried to order one, added to cart, checked out, signed up, entered address etc, then went to pay (via paypal), but the page kept failing to load.. And now I can't load a single page from there..

Though I have received a mail confirming my order, though I still can't load any pages, and never actually reached any payment page..

Is the fact I have an email receipt, confirmation enough that it's worked ?

I contacted you back earlier. For whatever reason, the site seemed to be having issues last night. If you get an email, it did work :)

Was hoping mine would arrive before ejagfest so I didn't have to keep swapping carts over... oh well, suppose I can take my notebook and remember the usb hub or risk having to endure some 7k/sec 'action' ;-)

Well I should have mine for eJagfest it's currently at a secure Birmingham location, so you should have at least 2 boards sh3 for e-Jagfest.

• Like 2

Was hoping mine would arrive before ejagfest so I didn't have to keep swapping carts over... oh well, suppose I can take my notebook and remember the usb hub or risk having to endure some 7k/sec 'action' ;-)

Well I should have mine for eJagfest it's currently at a secure Birmingham location, so you should have at least 2 boards sh3 for e-Jagfest.

aww, my other skunk is coming home \o/ 2 skunks & a jagware flash cart should be enough to get by with if I make use of bank 2 on one of skunks. cheers!

How user friendly are these?

Really simple to use. Once the software is installed, it's just a matter of typing 'jcp filename.ext' for bjl type stuff (most of the homebrews are like this, load into the jag's memory) or 'jcp -f filename.rom' to flash stuff to the cart. There's more to it than that if you're up for it and there's a 2nd bank (so you can have 2 games on the cart at once). Belboz made a windows front end for jcp (and osx I think), so if you're not into command line stuff you'd probably be happier with that.

I had news of my skunks today - Parcel Force want over £56 in import taxes before I can have them and since the card only came today there's no time to make it happen before I set off for ejagfest. Bah :D

EDIT: There are other solutions to running homebrews such as a BJL mod or a Jag CD drive with something like ULS or Belboz's BJL CD. skunk is easily the most user-friendly and powerful though.

How user friendly are these? I've been curious about getting one so I could explore the homebrew scene and so I could actually try out some of the unobtainable(well for me anyway) Jaguar titles.

if you can use simple windows command line (if your using windows) or create batch files you should be ok.

as others have said there is always the GUI/frontend developed by belboz

[simple way to do it via batch files in windows]

open notepad in windows

type in the following to flash a file to the skunk

@echo off

cls

jcp -f filename.bin

pause

jcp -r

Type in the following here to load to ram

@echo off

cls

jcp filename.bin $4000 <--( address can be changed to whatever is needed to upload to as long as program is compiled at the address you specify)

pause

jcp -r

save that as a skunk.bat and chose file extension as "all" when saving instead of .txt (text document)

this creates a file you can double click on that uploads the file automatically as long as the skunk is setup and has a green screen. Once uploaded the

command prompt will stay open until you hit any key on the keyboard. If a key is hit, it will reset the console back to the green screen for upload again.

To edit, just right click on the file and goto edit and change the file name as you see fit.

make sure that file is saved in the SAME Location as the file being flashed.

Edited by rush6432

I dunno, to me if someone isn't comfortable with using a command line, I can't see that they'll be up for making and editing batch files. Belboz's FE would be the solution.

Also, I think your 2nd batch file will result in a green screen, not much point resetting the jaguar when you've just filled it's memory with your bjl or similar file :D

There's only 1 command and one switch to learn for general use, I think anyone should be capable of that. Using batch files over-complicates something really trivial I reckon, but maybe it really would work for some people... but they'd have to be seriously computer-illiterate to have that kind of fear of a command prompt... and we're back to Belboz's FE being the way to go (that or just keep away from anything with lights and buttons :P ).

I dunno, to me if someone isn't comfortable with using a command line, I can't see that they'll be up for making and editing batch files. Belboz's FE would be the solution.

Also, I think your 2nd batch file will result in a green screen, not much point resetting the jaguar when you've just filled it's memory with your bjl or similar file :D

There's only 1 command and one switch to learn for general use, I think anyone should be capable of that. Using batch files over-complicates something really trivial I reckon, but maybe it really would work for some people... but they'd have to be seriously computer-illiterate to have that kind of fear of a command prompt... and we're back to Belboz's FE being the way to go (that or just keep away from anything with lights and buttons :P ).

Well the 2nd batch file will pause and wait for you to press a key before resetting the jag (say for testing purposes or dev'ing) if your lazy, it keeps you from typing jcp -r to reset the console.

But yeah not much use for the general public really if the front end is avail.

As for people fearing cmd prompt, trust me...... alot of people are not that computer savy...

Edited by rush6432
  • Like 1

if your lazy, it keeps you from typing jcp -r to reset the console.
I usually try to reset the jaguar by typing jcp -r into whatever irc window I'm hovering over... d'oh!

trust me...... alot of people are not that computer savy...
yeah, like me not knowing that pause did ;-)