IGNORED

I'm Doing it Wrong: But it works!

Gemintronic

No, it just takes the memory locations of each of those variables and sticks them in the rom table instead of real values.

How about using your program code for sprite data like Yars Revenge did?

rem the energy barrier has large areas of blank space because this is a short program

datastart
const datastarthi=(#>.datastart)

player0x=50
player0y=90
player0height=90
player0pointerhi=datastarthi

gameloop
player0pointerlo=rand/2
COLUP0=rand
REFP0=rand
NUSIZ0=$07
drawscreen
goto gameloop

:P

Edited by RevEng

No, it just takes the memory locations of each of those variables and sticks them in the rom table instead of real values.

How about using your program code for sprite data like Yars Revenge did?

rem the energy barrier has large areas of blank space because this is a short program

datastart
const datastarthi=(#>.datastart)

player0x=50
player0y=90
player0height=90
player0pointerhi=datastarthi

gameloop
player0pointerlo=rand
COLUP0=rand
NUSIZ0=$07
drawscreen
goto gameloop

:P

Holy ham and bacon Batman! That's cool! I could exploit this in various evil ways methinks. This whole messing around with sprite data started because I wanted to combine head body and legs sprite data into one player sprite. Kind of a mix-and-match monster deal. Hopefully I can think of something using this example. Thanks!

This whole messing around with sprite data started because I wanted to combine head body and legs sprite data into one player sprite. Kind of a mix-and-match monster deal. Hopefully I can think of something using this example. Thanks!

Check out this thread:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/126066-is-it-possible-to-insert-different-chunks-of-sprite-data-into-one-sprite/

This whole messing around with sprite data started because I wanted to combine head body and legs sprite data into one player sprite. Kind of a mix-and-match monster deal. Hopefully I can think of something using this example. Thanks!

Check out this thread:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/126066-is-it-possible-to-insert-different-chunks-of-sprite-data-into-one-sprite/

Yeah, I saw that thread. SeaGtGruff was too brain fried to post examples unfortunately. But, I think that technique used RAM instead of combining sections of sprite data from ROM.

Yeah, I saw that thread. SeaGtGruff was too brain fried to post examples unfortunately. But, I think that technique used RAM instead of combining sections of sprite data from ROM.

Yup. With the stock bB kernels using RAM based data is the only way you can mix and match different parts of ROM data together in a single sprite.