IGNORED

Mattel Aqaurius Tape Games List

the-topdog

In another thread it was asked how many games were released for the Mattel Aquarius on tape. There is no comprehensive list online, so I decided to compile one... So far the catalog has 60 titles with 15 titles still to list and the possibility of around 20 that have not been documented yet.

Here is the list so far!

Edited by the-topdog

Instead of "PostMan Pot (Add On Electronics)" it should be "Postman Pat". Instead of "D-Fenders (Add On Electronics)" it should be "D-Fender". "Gridbug (Add On Electronics)" should be "Grid Bug". (these are what I have on my versions)

I have "Games Pack 3". It has "Mad World", "Invisible Outline", "Alien Attack", and "Cute Cubes".

Thanks for the list!

Instead of "PostMan Pot (Add On Electronics)" it should be "Postman Pat". Instead of "D-Fenders (Add On Electronics)" it should be "D-Fender". "Gridbug (Add On Electronics)" should be "Grid Bug". (these are what I have on my versions)

I have "Games Pack 3". It has "Mad World", "Invisible Outline", "Alien Attack", and "Cute Cubes".

Thanks for the list!

Thanks! Titles have been updated and "Games Pack 3" titles have been added to the list.

The tape says "Postman Pat", but the art work and the game instructions on the sleeve says "Postman Pot". Also when the game loads the title screen says "Postman Pot". I have uploaded a photo of the tape to my website at http://www.vdsteenoven.com/aquarius/postie.html.

The same goes for D-Fender(s); the art work and game instructions saying D-Fenders, the tape says D-Fender, but when the game loads the title screen says "D-Fender". Tough call.

This is interesting! I have Games Pack 3 as well, but the titles on my tape are "Metior", "Sheepdog", "Mastermind" and "Deepcharge".

I have never heard about "Mad World" and "Invisible Outline". Which software publisher created your games pack?

Can you upload a picture?

• Like 2

Wow - had no idea all those tapes were available! What a cool little system and I love the original retail pricing on most of 'em: less than $8!

Is there a screen shot section yet? Really curious to see what most of these looked like.

Edited by save2600

The tape says "Postman Pat", but the art work and the game instructions on the sleeve says "Postman Pot". Also when the game loads the title screen says "Postman Pot". I have uploaded a photo of the tape to my website at http://www.vdsteenoven.com/aquarius/postie.html.

The same goes for D-Fender(s); the art work and game instructions saying D-Fenders, the tape says D-Fender, but when the game loads the title screen says "D-Fender". Tough call.

Martin! Welcome to AtariAge! We are talking about you all the time here in the Aquarius threads!

I have added the alternate names of Postman Pot and D-Fenders to the list for completeness!

Is there a screen shot section yet? Really curious to see what most of these looked like.

Martin has the most complete screenshot section for Aquarius games at http://www.vdsteenoven.com/aquarius/battle.html

There are videos of most games at this Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/mattelaquarius

• 2 weeks later...

This is interesting! I have Games Pack 3 as well, but the titles on my tape are "Metior", "Sheepdog", "Mastermind" and "Deepcharge".

I have never heard about "Mad World" and "Invisible Outline". Which software publisher created your games pack?

I saw a review of Gamespack 3 in Aquarius Magazine and they reviewed the Gamespack 3 tape with the same titles as Bill his tape. My tape is from CCI International and has a CCI tape number. I always thought that ADD+On and CCI were the same

List created by mr. Miller of Irvine

Published in Mattel Aquarius user magazine issue 5 volume 1

Cost in UK Pounds (GBP).

Name			Type		Cost	Supplier
============================================================
Scramble		Arcade		4.95	Micro Mart
Rally Driver		Arcade		4.95	Micro Mart
Aquapede		Arcade		3.95	P. Clements
Football		Strategy	3.50	D. Spencer
Pontoon			Strategy	1.29	D. Spencer
Spacepits		Arcade		1.29	D. Spencer
Ski			Arcade		1.29	D. Spencer
Fruit Machine		Arcade		1.29	D. Spencer
GamesTape		Mixed		5.95	Fawkes
Hopper			Arcade		8.00	Microdeal
AlphaMix		Utility		1.99	Oasis
Crossword Computer	Utility		1.99	Oasis
Electric Organ		Utility		1.99	Oasis
Flying			Arcade		1.99	Oasis
Gunnery			Arcade		1.99	Oasis
Mastercode		Utility		1.99	Oasis
Paintbox		Utility		1.99	Oasis
Rollerball		Arcade		1.99	Oasis
Sketch			Utility		1.99	Oasis
Solitaire		Strategy	1.99	Oasis
Symmetry		Educational	1.99	Oasis
Games Pack 1		Package		4.95	Processor
Games Pack 2		Package		4.95	Processor
Games Pack 3		Package		4.95	Processor
Games Pack 4		Package		4.95	Processor
Games Pack I		Package		4.95	Mercury House
Games Pack II		Package		4.95	Mercury House

Thank you Mr. Miller

From my personal inventory:

Name	Catalog item		Manufacturer			Memory		Remarks
=====================================================================================================================
'N'-Vaders	KEB 001		Add+On Electronics		16K	
Aliens		KEB 002		Add+On Electronics		16K	
Ed on		KEB 003		Add+On Electronics		16K	
Chuckman	KEB 004		Add+On Electronics		16K	
Millypede	KEB 005		Add+On Electronics		16K	
Pac Mr.		KEB 006		Add+On Electronics		16K	
Gridbug		KEB 007		Add+On Electronics		16K	
Phrogger	KEB 007		Add+On Electronics		16K	
D-Fenders	KEB 008		Add+On Electronics		16K	
Games Pack 1	KEB 009		Add+On Electronics		Standard	Stalactites, Macho-man, Othello, Mutants
Break out	KEB 010		Add+On Electronics		16K	
Bounder		KEB 011		Add+On Electronics		16K	
3D Battle Zone	KEB 012		Add+On Electronics		16K	
Postman Pat	KEB 015		Add+On Electronics		16K		Label on cassette Custom Cables International ltd.
Disco Fever	KEB 016		Add+On Electronics		16K		Label on cassette Custom Cables International ltd.
Mazantics	KEB 018		Add+On Electronics		16K	
Mower Man	KEB 020		Add+On Electronics		16K	
Games Pack 2	CCI 005		Custom Cables Int.		Standard	Bounder, Local bomber, Breakout, Lonely night driver
Games Pack 3	CCI 006		Custom Cables Int.		Standard	Metior, Sheepdog, Mastermind, Depthcharge
Games Pack 4	CCI 007		Custom Cables Int.		Standard	Painter, Pontoon, Grand prix, Alien storm
Mower Man	CCI 008		Custom Cables Int.		16K	
Outpack 1			Digital Output			Standard	Snake, Masterguess, Symon, Bomber, Hi-lo
Outpack 2			Digital Output			Standard	Collector, Blocked, Rocket Run, Minefield, Air-Defence
Monitor Pauw			HCC				16K+ homebrew	Unknown quality
Text editor			HCC				16K+ homebrew	Cartridge copy, to be used with 16K+ memory, unknown quality
Scramble			Micro Mart Software		16K	
Games Pack 1			Processor Games			Standard	Snake, Masterguess, Symon, Bomber, Hi-lo
Turboloader			v.Balen software		Standard	
Aquarius Demo cassette		Radofin/Add+On Electronics	Standard	Cassette contains 5 games; Stalactite, Macho-man, Torment, Cute cubes and Mad Mould
Aquarius Kronos Demo cassette	Radofin/Add+On Electronics/Digital Output	Standard	Cassette contains 4 games; Gamble, Gunfight, Outlin and Mad Mould

* Note: KEB 017 is missing, and both Gridbug and Phrogger have KEB 007 (!)

Edited by mvdsteenoven

Games found in adverts:

Supplier		Tape		Price		Title #1		Title #2	Title #3	Title #4	Title #5
============================================================================================================================================
Digitial Output		Outpack 1	GBP 6.95	Snake			Masterguess	Symon		Bomber		Hi-Lo
Digitial Output		Outpack 2	GBP 6.95	Collector		Blocked		Rocket Run	Minefield	Air-Defence
Digitial Output		Outpack 3	GBP 6.95	Gunfight		Gambler		Moonlander	Tracker		Nim	
Digitial Output		Outpack 4	GBP 6.95	Super Slot		Golf		Invasion	Killer Sub	Survival
Digitial Output		Outpack 5	GBP 6.95	Timetrap		Gro-Worm	Wampus Gold	Bumpers		Space Shoot
Processor		Gamespack 1	GBP 4.95	Snake			Masterguess	Symon		Bomber		Hi-Lo
Processor		Gamespack 2	GBP 4.95	Collector		Blocked!	Rocket Run	Minefield	Air-Defence
Apocalypse software	Deathrace	GBP 6.95	Deathrace					
Apocalypse software	Aquapack 1	GBP 6.95	Snake			Breakout	Moon Shuttle	
Mercury house		Pack 1		GBP 4.99	Bombardier		Fruit Machine	Hang Man	Alien Descent	Escape	
Mercury house		Pack 2		GBP 4.99	Dungeon Adventure	U-Boat		Golf		Star Catcher	Moonraker	

And that were all the games on tape that I could find for the moment.

Regs

Martin

Edited by mvdsteenoven

Sweet! As usual you rock Martin! :D I have added 25 more titles to the master list, bringing us to 93 individual titles so far, throw in the cartridge games and the Aquarius game library tops over 100 titles!

If anyone else has any other tapes not on the list, please let me know and I will add them!

• 1 year later...
  • 11 years later...
On 10/4/2010 at 10:31 PM, mvdsteenoven said:

I realise this is a very old thread, but is Games Pack 3 downloadable anywhere? It seems to be missing from most Aquarius collections.