IGNORED

Droid800: Android phones A8 emulator

Philsan

OK, 4 sensitive touch buttons like many Android phones (mine too).

When I press menu button I get a bar with 5 options: Open, Next Side, Keyboard, Preferences, Quit.

You only have to touch Open and select a rom.

I hope you'll be able to use this emulator because is based on latest Atari800 core and it is slightly faster than others.

It supports Wiimote too.

I'll add to that that I am discontinuing active development of Droid800 because the official Atari800 (or whatever it will be renamed) makes it redundant.

This is getting ridiculous

OK, I had the "wrong" Atari800 app!, how come there are 2???? Anyway..........I downloaded the one linked from PhilSan's post.

Now I'm getting somewhere, this is much easier to get around, however..........

I have an Atari OS rom and several game roms in a directory (these are working fine with Droid800) and I have selected this directory as the location in the "second" Atari800 but it crashes complaining about not having an atari OS......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :x

So, I downloaded the ROM zip from the A800 website, extracted the AtariXL.ROM file and placed it in the directory.........same result! (Droid800 will work with either rom file)

I select Atari 800XL emulation, I have 2 Atari XL roms in the selected directory.........It don't work!

If you can give me a blow by blow how to, I'll have another go..........just one! :twisted:

Pete

Edited by Mad_Sunday

OK, 4 sensitive touch buttons like many Android phones (mine too).

When I press menu button I get a bar with 5 options: Open, Next Side, Keyboard, Preferences, Quit.

You only have to touch Open and select a rom.

I hope you'll be able to use this emulator because is based on latest Atari800 core and it is slightly faster than others.

It supports Wiimote too.

I'll add to that that I am discontinuing active development of Droid800 because the official Atari800 (or whatever it will be renamed) makes it redundant.

I hope you'll continue to work on Droid2600!

I have a folder with atari5200.rom, ataribas.rom, atariosa.rom, atariosb.rom, atarixl.rom.

Perhaps you must have all these files.

My 2000th post!

I put a game rom (boulder dash cartridge) into the directory with all those files and now it runs :twisted:

I can't get a keyboard or joystick to appear on the screen at all? I have no "start" button so cannot get the game to start, it just goes to the demo. However, when i press the button set as the space bar the pause works so it looks like the remote is working with this emulator. Until I can get a start option on the screen or assign a joystick button to be "start" I can't test it further. Since the "space button" works I can't see why it won't work fully.

Pete

I have a folder with atari5200.rom, ataribas.rom, atariosa.rom, atariosb.rom, atarixl.rom.

My 2000th post!

I put a game rom (boulder dash cartridge) into the directory with all those files and now it runs :twisted:

I can't get a keyboard or joystick to appear on the screen at all? I have no "start" button so cannot get the game to start, it just goes to the demo. However, when i press the button set as the space bar the pause works so it looks like the remote is working with this emulator. Until I can get a start option on the screen or assign a joystick button to be "start" I can't test it further. Since the "space button" works I can't see why it won't work fully.

Pete

If that is the Atari800 emulator, I believe when you touch the screen in the upper right hand corner, you'll see some buttons appear, including the start button.

My 2000th post!

Pete

If that is the Atari800 emulator, I believe when you touch the screen in the upper right hand corner, you'll see some buttons appear, including the start button.

OK, it works fine with Atari800 too :D , the only thing I had to do was change the fire "key" from "left alt" to "space". Joystick works fine, just as it did with Droid800. :thumbsup:

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

If I am not wrong we now have three emulators:

Atari800 (official Atari800 port): download - instructions

Droid800

Atari800

Android emulation is becoming very important so I added them in my Topic for newbies thread.

BTW, I asked to Atari800 emulator (official Atari800 port) author to add a real keyboard like PokeyDS (scroll the page).

That Atari800 download page doesn't seem to do anything when I click Download.

Maybe that is because Kostas Nakos (the developer of Atari800 for Android) also got a nice letter from Kirsten Keller (Atari's trademark lawyer). I believe Google removed it from the Android market together with Droid2600 by the same developer.

Robert

Somebody's gotta have the file...

If you mean the "name.nick.jubanka.atari800_v1.3.apk" file, I have it and can post it if it is legal to do so...

Jay

Well... Since the only grounds on which Atari can complain about the emulator is the name, maybe rename it superfun.v1.3.apk or something. :)

Somebody's gotta have the file...

If you mean the "name.nick.jubanka.atari800_v1.3.apk" file, I have it and can post it if it is legal to do so...

Jay

Jay,

Atari800 author's wrote in his previous email that now is negotiating with Google and he doesn't want that the emulator file is uploaded.

Obviously privately you can send it to people that need it... ;)

• 1 month later...

Jay,

Atari800 author's wrote in his previous email that now is negotiating with Google and he doesn't want that the emulator file is uploaded.

Obviously privately you can send it to people that need it... ;)

Okay, then who needs it sent to them?

Jay

I'd like a copy if you don't mind

Thanks

This is a link for Droid800 and I was expecting a link for Atari800.

I'm under the impression what what I've read in this forum that Atari800 is better than Droid800.

I already have Droid800 but I have a problem in that the letters on the keyboard aren't displayed (HP Touchpad with Cyanogen 7.1 alpha 2.1 loaded)

Thanks all the same