IGNORED

Commavid Magicard on ebay - Offers Welcome

allhallowseve2000

Wow, I have never seen an Atari 2600 re-seller quite like you. I have no idea how you are able to finagle your way into so many rares just to flip them. Whether right or wrong, I do tip my imaginary cap off to you for what you have been able to do. You do have a way of getting people to sell, and buy from you.

As I'm the only other person with a shell-less Magicard, then it could be compared to mine I suppose. Having said that, I would like to see the board from a shelled Magicard (white or blue label) to see if it is any different to mine as well.

I'd love to own something like this, but these sorts of auctions always seem like vanity auctions to me. A "look what I have and you probably will never buy" kind of thing.

Nope that is not his intention at all. He is an unscrupulous reseller. He buys from collectors that think they are giving another collector a good deal then he flips it on Ebay. He bought several rare games from decypher and then threw them on ebay very soon after claiming a financial emergency. That is all fine and dandy, but he PMed decypher several days after the auctions had started trying to buy more stuff. It is his stuff and he can do whatever he wants with it. Being shady and lying about it just reeks of suck though.

Edited by horseboy

Are you sure there are only two known two exist? :cool:

According to the list here, I believe there are only two known first release Magicards known... ones without shells (and therefore labels). Only later on did Commavid sell it in a shell with label (and even that changed colour later on).

I didn't know this was so rare. About a year ago a guy was selling his Atari Computer and VCS collection in one lot and he had the same thing in the lot. It had the original instruction manual as well as the overlays; but a bare board. It went for $500 for the whole lot. He had one bid as he started it at $495.

if it is the auction I'm thinking of - it was a repro cart. with overlays and manual.

was there a whole bunch of random atari stuff from various systems? - if so - that's it.

A.) It's the real deal.

B.) You should really have covered up that EPROM window. :ponder:

How would he cover the EPROM window if the cartridge was closed?

Uhm, before taking a picture. Simple, take sticker, cover window and then take pictures. :ponder:

What is going on here today? LOL

A.) It's the real deal.

B.) You should really have covered up that EPROM window. :ponder:

How would he cover the EPROM window if the cartridge was closed?

Uhm, before taking a picture. Simple, take sticker, cover window and then take pictures. :ponder:

What is going on here today? LOL

Can't you just close the window shade before taking the picture ? Its very hard to find a large enough sticker

to cover a whole window

• Like 1

I didn't know this was so rare. About a year ago a guy was selling his Atari Computer and VCS collection in one lot and he had the same thing in the lot. It had the original instruction manual as well as the overlays; but a bare board. It went for $500 for the whole lot. He had one bid as he started it at $495.

if it is the auction I'm thinking of - it was a repro cart. with overlays and manual.

was there a whole bunch of random atari stuff from various systems? - if so - that's it.

Yeah. It was a pile of junk except for that cart. But, the overlays looked real. I was suspicious of the auction and passed.