IGNORED

Your Personal Top 5 NES Games

Tr3vor

For me:

5.) Pac-Mania (unlicensed game, but damn what a great port!)

4.) The Guardian Legend (I can't even begin to describe how much I liked this one)

3.) Rygar (now that I know how to sequence break, it's even more enjoyable)

2.) Chip 'n Dale - Rescue Rangers (played it recently this year with a friend, much enjoyable rage in 2-player mode, but a breeze to go through in single-player)

1.) Kirby's Adventure (to me, it has everything that makes a great game)

Let's see, top 5 favorites. That means I'd want to play the game on the NES and that I'd STILL want to play the game on the NES. There are some games which can manage the first bit, but I'd never want to touch the NES version of the game again thanks to superior remakes and sequels.

So, that leaves:

5. Blades of Steel = The only hockey game I've ever felt was worth playing, and one of only a handful of sports games I feel has any merit.

4. Gradius / Lifeforce = I kinda view them as the same game. And I admit I enjoy the old home versions more than I enjoy the increased difficulty of the arcade versions which are more prevalent.

3. Castlevania = I still love the original and keep coming back to it.

2. Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord = Very good port of the Apple II game. For some reason it's just comfier to play this version. But if the SNES compilation had been localized, then this wouldn't be on the list.

1. Ultima: Quest of the Avatar = An amazing port which shows a game can be simplified without being dumbed down (as nearly all NES games were). This one is just different from it's PC counterparts and has a charm all it's own. I love playing this one.

1. FDS Super Mario Bros 2 (repro cart that I have) - SMB1 isn't challenging enough anymore so this takes its original spot on my list.

2. Super Mario Bros. (Mario 2j may have bumped it, but it's far too addictive for me to put any lower than #2)

3. The Legend of Zelda

4. Faxanadu

5. The Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy

So many more I would like to mix around, but when measuring which games I am most addicted to, this is about right.