IGNORED

Ocean Detox

MaPa

Hello, here you can download a new game Ocean Detox (Code: MaPa, Music: Miker, Static graphics: Ooz, Ingame graphics, sfx, design: PG) which won ABBUC SW contest 2010. In addition you can download whole package with all source and data files needed to successfully compile main file (ocean_detox.xsm) to a working executable with XASM assembler which I used. We hope you will enjoy this little game.

post-3960-128799929562_thumb.pngpost-3960-128799928902_thumb.pngpost-3960-128799927284_thumb.pngpost-3960-128799926669_thumb.png

OD.xex

OD - sources.zip

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just had a play, very nice remake of that arcade game called bomb run or skyline, something like that.

Both good fun and slightly annoying but deffo has that 'one more go' feel, thanks for the work on this, nice to see new stuff that's good quality as well.

Stunned that you didn't jump in Jase (tmr), you make a mean shooter...

Beautiful graphics and large playfield. Is there a beter title screen out there on any game :?: 21,200 is the best i've managed so far. Game could be improved by having the shield visible and if it depleted gradually :ponder: O.D. reminds me of a couple of BASIC games Clear Path and Crash Landing - check them out!

post-19705-128828975429_thumb.pngpost-19705-128828976314_thumb.pngDOS2.5BASICGames.ATR

(may need to boot the ATR from the emulator as on my PC Clear Path seems to give an error if loaded by double clicking)

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Another idea: as well as graphical shields would be cool to see the missiles etc on the sub, it's a bit hard under pressure to check the stats to see what you're packing! You could consider adding the 'jump' feature from crash-landing as an extra too ;)

Indeed. I missed that one too. There is a bonus called "Ship up" but that works immediately. It would be nice if you could collect those Ship Up's too. Fire + Up could do it.

I know that Crash Landing for ages too, and it was one of my favorites. Also on Atari Portfolio: called Bomber.

Very cool game.

Marius

• 10 years later...

Hi, sorry to reviving this ancient thread, but just now a friend of mine told me, that the game has bug that on the latest levels, when you pickup Speed-Up bonus, the ship slows down. I looked in my code and can't figure out why would that happen... but "of course" I have fixed version and he doesn't. But as I see, the bugged version is on Fandal's site too, here in this thread, on Demozoo and who knows wherever else. So I attached my hopefully fixed version here, which I have it seems from 2.9.2010 ;)

I attached only the changed files from the source code, the rest is same as in the .zip file in forst post.

ocean_detox.xex OD.xex ocean_detox.xsm

Edited by MaPa
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, MaPa said:

I attached only the changed files from the source code, the rest is same as in the .zip file in forst post.

What is the difference between the two XEX files you just posted? (different names/sizes of course!)

21 hours ago, MaPa said:

Hi, sorry to reviving this ancient thread, but just now a friend of mine told me, that the game has bug that on the latest levels, when you pickup Speed-Up bonus, the ship slows down. I looked in my code and can't figure out why would that happen... but "of course" I have fixed version and he doesn't. But as I see, the bugged version is on Fandal's site too, here in this thread, on Demozoo and who knows wherever else. So I attached my hopefully fixed version here, which I have it seems from 2.9.2010 ;)

ocean_detox.xex 51.42 kB · 19 downloads OD.xex 40.9 kB · 16 downloads ocean_detox.xsm 64.55 kB · 11 downloads

Oh, Great, thank you very much !

26 minutes ago, bhall408 said:

What is the difference between the two XEX files you just posted? (different names/sizes of course!)

One is compiled from the sources and the second one is packed (the lesser size obviously :) ).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MaPa said:

One is compiled from the sources and the second one is packed (the lesser size obviously :) ).

That's what I expected, an unpacked version (51k) and a packed version (40k). What packer did you use ? With Exomizer I could compress the 51k file down to 33kbytes and it still seems to work fine...