IGNORED

How to open a Lynx II

Charlie_

Sorry if this has been asked 1000 times before....

I have a Lynx II. I purchased it when the Lynx II was released. It works great even after being put away for several years. Now I notice that between the outter screen and the LCD inside is some dust. I'd like to open it to clean this up.

I took a quick look but didnt easily see a way to open the system. Is there some sort of walk thru online? Maybe someone here can post iunstructions? :)

Thanks

I did a tutorial for this on another site some time ago so I will just re-post it for you. I have also attached photos :cool:

1. Remove the rubber hand grips by just slipping a butter knife or screwdriver under them, they stick back on pretty easily.

2. Take out the 4 screws underneath and then take off the battery cover and take out the small screw in there too.

3. Carefully take the back off and take out the plastic battery holder, you need to be careful not to catch the wires.

4. Unplug the 2 brown coloured pins that connect the speaker and buttons. This gives you more space to move around.

5. If you really need to you can also remove the 2 membranes by first lifting the top of the black plastic connectors on each side and then carefully pulling them out. This will put the Lynx into 2 parts. Make sure that when you put it back together you put the membranes back in completely and push the clip back down to hold it in place before doing the rest.

6. Use a screwdriver to push out the molded plastic that holds the screen in on each side. You can see from the photo where these are located.

7. Take the screen off but be very careful as the plastic holes that hold the screen are very delicate and are easy to snap.

8. Remove the grey plastic skirt round the screen and use a glasses cloth to clean it.

post-16579-128801367178_thumb.jpg

post-16579-128801368734_thumb.jpg

post-16579-12880137005_thumb.jpg

post-16579-128801371169_thumb.jpg

post-16579-128801372354_thumb.jpg