IGNORED

PLEASE LOCK: the.golden.ax OLD collection thread

I didn't have space to show everything on one post so I've started a new thread. Comments and posts plus updates will be made

HERE http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/193118-the-new-and-improoved-thegoldenax-collection/page__fromsearch__1

OCTOBER 25th 2010 I've just purchased a very large storage and display case for my collection. As I unpack and fill it with my games I'll be updating this post frequently. :ponder: Should hold most of my collection :Dhouse.jpgFebruary 7th 2011 After spending the past week building a 25 foot by 5 foot shelf, I've unpacked part of the collection. Sadly it only holds around a third. :| more shelves are going to be required. DSCF4068.JPGDSCF4067.JPGDSCF4065.JPGFebruary 16th 2011 Took most of the Game Gear stuff out of boxes. My wife was kind enough to put it in Excel for me today. This isn't how I plan to display it, but we needed a place to work on it in order to catalog. Also took some pics of the SMS stuff (closer) but you can't really read the titles... the pics would have to be really huge. gamegear.jpgmastersystem.jpg AX

• Like 9

Congrats AX! Your "storage and display case" looks great. icon_thumbsup.gif Glad you were finally able to make it happen given all you've been through.

If you find the kitchen cupboards of your display case are starting to fill up with videogames my Paypal account is ready and willing to help out.icon_wink.gif

The stone work on the foundation of your display case is awesome. You can have some awesome D&D sessions on the lawn by the back door with that stone backdrop, like your own little castle. :D And the covered porch in the back will be an awesome place to play Atari 2600 games on a warm summer day! :)

Edited by the-topdog

Ooooohhh.... I like the looks of that walk-in downstairs section by the stone work. What's it like inside there? Finished? You should take a pic for us to see. Is that area going to be the gaming room? With all my arcade machines, I'd be paving a path to that sucker for easy in/out access :)

Place looks real nice AX, congrats!

Nice place, Ax.

I take it that back door (in the stonework) will be the entry to the "man cave?"

About the Nashville floods: Did they make a map of the areas that flooded, and/or are likely to flood again in the future? I really like Nashville (I live 100mi away). I haven't spent much time there, but there seems to be a lot of culture, and the city just seems so much cleaner and more modern than Memphis, which is also 100mi away from me in the opposite direction). Not for sure, but there's a chance that one day I could end up going to one or the other. I guess I'd want to live on a hill in Nashville?

Judging by the things I see on Nashville Craigslist, I'd have a lot more fun hording cheap computers, electronics, and game systems than out here where it's smalltown; rural rednecks don't seem to cotton to technology like you city folk.

Edited by wood_jl