IGNORED

Testing the waters. Compumate CD?

Compumater

Would you buy a Compumate program CD?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a Compumate program CD?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Yes, if it had more then 10 programs.
    • Yes if it had more then 15 programs.
    • Computmate sucks, Its usless.
    • It depends on the price.
    • It depends on the programs.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Well, As there seems to be a butt load of Spectravideo Compumates flooding the market, and being a old Timex/Sinclair Programmer, I was wondering if there was any interest in a Compumate CD (.wav files) full of programs that will let you actually use your compumate for more than a door stop.

Now, before anyone get their hopes too high, the Compumate is VERY basic in its basic, so visions of space invaders on the compumate dancing in your head might as well get shot down right now.

BUT, there are a lot of early computer adventure games, guessing games, and simple moving games that are within the realm of the Compumate.

I don't mind putting a few together for the Compumate community, if there is one....

It would also include some basic "productivity" software I've written for it.

So, Anyone interested?

• Like 1

I'd love to pick up a Compumate, if there was someplace closer than Venezuela I could get one for a good price.

(Nothing against Venezuela; I just don't want to deal with the international shipping and the month-long wait with no tracking.)

It would be interesting to see what the Compumate can do! I wouldn't expect too much, but it'd be interesting. :)

It is limited, Very limited. More so then the Zx-81 or Timex/Sinclair 1000. BUT...

It is still a real computer, and can be "forced" into doing a few tricks.

The sad part is the creators for whatever reason left a good deal of basic basic commands out of the system. I have been able to make a "choose your own adventure" type game, but due to the 2K memory its limited. I've also done a few early computer games like you would have found on late 70's Cp/m 8080 S-100 systems.

I have 7 decent programs now, and was thinking about maybe another 7 or maybe more if I include some non-game programs. to show off the greatness of COMPUMATE!

I thought that with all the recent compumate owners there would be a little more intrest, but, maybe not.

For those that want to play with the Compumate, it is a decent little system, Poke around in it and see for yourself.

I also guess since the Picture mate cassettes are going for so much, that I could add a few picutres to the CD to round it out.

I'm not trying to get rich or anything, I just thought the community could use a few Compumate releases.

Any requests?

I'd love to pick up a Compumate, if there was someplace closer than Venezuela I could get one for a good price.

(Nothing against Venezuela; I just don't want to deal with the international shipping and the month-long wait with no tracking.)

It would be interesting to see what the Compumate can do! I wouldn't expect too much, but it'd be interesting. :)

Yes, New programs. That I know of there are only like 2 or 3 availible on the net, and most of those are from the owners booklet.

These would be conversions of Older Timex 1000 games and programs that I wrote some 18 years ago As well as a few to showcase the compumates "ability".

/s

So you're talking about actually writing a bunch of new programs to be used with the Compumate right? I can't see there being enough existing Compumate programs out there to fill a CD with.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got my Compumate working. I just need to buy or make some cables to connect it to a cassette player (or directly to the sound card on PC).

I've found a few programs in the FAQ that I've attached which I will type in then save and convert to MP3s.

Does anyone know where I can get the full manual for the Compumate, I've only got the first 18 pages?

I will also try to write some of my own programs. If anyone knows where I can find more information about the Compumate Basic commands that would be very helpful.

Compumate FAQ.txt

svc1.pdf

• Like 1

I've got my Compumate working. I just need to buy or make some cables to connect it to a cassette player (or directly to the sound card on PC).

I've found a few programs in the FAQ that I've attached which I will type in then save and convert to MP3s.

Does anyone know where I can get the full manual for the Compumate, I've only got the first 18 pages?

I will also try to write some of my own programs. If anyone knows where I can find more information about the Compumate Basic commands that would be very helpful.

If you would like, I could copy the remaining pages from my manual and mail them to you. I'm keeping the original manual just in case I get my Compumate repaired one of these days.....

This would be pretty cool. Would you have the existing programs (such as PictureMate) on the CD too? Similar to the Stella Gets a New Brain for the Supercharger games.

You could have the original Compumate stuff along with whatever else you have all compiled on a CD.

That's a great idea, Toymailman. I would definitely buy a Compumate Gets a New Brain!

This would be pretty cool. Would you have the existing programs (such as PictureMate) on the CD too? Similar to the Stella Gets a New Brain for the Supercharger games.

You could have the original Compumate stuff along with whatever else you have all compiled on a CD.

That's a great idea, Toymailman. I would definitely buy a Compumate Gets a New Brain!

Sure , put me down as a YES also. Anything 2600 is a good thing ! Would be fun to see this thing (keyboard) DO SOMETHING !! ;) :roll:

Does anyone know if PictureMate is an actual program?

I think it is just a cassette of images that can be loaded by the graphics program on the Compumate.

Does anyone here own a copy of it?

Hi Amstari. Atarimania.com describes it as an extremely rare cassette program. They have a few pictures of the cassette and packaging, which mentions friendly animals in Animal World, so it sounds like a kids' drawing program. Very little info beyond that except that it was released only in PAL format.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...