IGNORED

Random Medium Flat Rate USPS Boxes of Crap (BoC), $12

phaxda

I am in the midst of some massive cleaning (yes, again) and realize I just need to get rid of some things. I have spent too much time and energy trying to sell stuff for a buck here and a buck there and between the eBay fees and the Paypal fees and the postage fees and crazy buyers and a kind of PO'ed wife, it's really time for it to stop.

So I was reading woot! stuff the other day and was reminded of their "bag of crap" offerings in which they send excess stuff to people with some good, some bad, some awesome, you just never know. So I am thinking about doing the same thing. Anyone who has dealt with me before knows that I have quite a bit of stuff, most of it good, but I also have some stuff I just don't know what to do with as well. Nothing is really BAD, it's just kind of defunct or no longer of use to me personally. And I don't really want to spend the time to list it all and entertain offers and all the back and forth, etc. I used to find that fun, but now I am just sick of looking at the stuff. I have many 2600/5200 cartridges, some rare-ish (they won't be commons--Al gets all those in his special boxes of crap), that will be included--I will say up front that will be one of the main items in the boxes, but that's the only clue as to contents I will give.

So, the proposal. Once 10 people sign up for this, at $12 apiece via Paypal, I will send out 10 Medium Flat Rate Boxes of Crap. What I envision is, 10 people sign up, pay by Paypal (using the payment for goods, so that their address is attached to the order--and of course Paypal collects their fee, which is why the price is more that just the flat rate box) and I print out all the labels. I will then have my lovely assistant (wife) affix the labels to the (well-packed, as per normal SOP) boxes at random. Then I will call the mailman for pickup, as they will do for Priority mail.

I envision having at least a couple of really good items in these, but everyone WILL get their money's worth. I think it will be fun!

U.S. ONLY.

OK, so I have 5 subscribers and this is now open to the general AA member base. I'd prefer people with a track record of a few posts or those whom I have dealt with in the past, so I do reserve the right to deny a box of crap to someone who requests one as their first post. Other than that, first 5 are in. Boxes are packed and ready to go! Post in this thread if you want and I will add to the list. hoping to get these out on Monday, Tuesday at the latest. Once I get 10, I will send my Paypal info to everyone on the list. Payment is expected promptly, and we thank you for your support. (*clink* bottles of Bartles & James.)

A thought RE: paypal fees... you might want to beak it up into like 0.01 payment and 11.99 gift so you get the best of both worlds.... Though I'm sure something like that would piss paypal off if they got smart to it.

UPDATE: Everyone has paid and the boxes are slated to go out on Friday. I apologize for the delay--I picked a rather bad time to get sick. My wife gave me her cold.

To make up for the delay I am including something extra and unique with each and every box. Thank you for your patience and participation!

These have SHIPPED! Well, they will when my mailman comes to get them later today. Let me tell you I was sick as a dog this weekend and am finally recovered. I am really sorry it took such a long time to get this all done, but I thought my guts were going to march out of my body for most of the weekend. I have been eating nothing but saltines and drinking juice since my last update and been bed bound. It's only thanks to my dear wife that these are finally on their way.

post-6271-128931446405_thumb.jpg

(Don't worry, we did put the labels on the boxes before shipping.)

I might do it again next year, depending on how much crap I acquire.

Mailman came and picked them up and my landlord was down in the lobby at the same time. "What's in the boxes?" he asks. I told him the whole story and he thought it was quite a hoot. The mailman just shook his head--he is already well aware that I am insane.

The only medium flat rate box I have left is one containing: PS1 Dance Dance Revolution Game (disk only) and dance pad. Wife does not like it. She tested, works, she just stinks at it. Make offer.

I saw this Lol'ed and HAD to take a picture.

Everyone who got one should be similar, so I added Spoiler tags in case you don't want to ruin the experience for yourself:

Some stuff I LOVE, some stuff I'm Ok with, some stuff I would have passed on. But All in all.... AWESOME! Three cheers for Phaxda

Edit: added spoiler

Edited by caver

Oh, you want to see everything so those who didn't get in on this have maximum envy? OK I can arrange for that :)

DSC_2550.JPG

Edit: DOH! I somehow forgot to put the White Label INTV nightstalker into the photo... Pretend it's there :)

Edited by caver