IGNORED

Atari VGM Player - demo or full-working utility/apps?

Sikor

12 members have voted

1. 1. In my opinion Atari VGM Player is...

• only demonstration of player
    • fully funcional apps
    • Sorry, I have not opinion.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

In http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/171807-atari-vgm-player/ topic I made discussion with Bunsen about Atari VGM Player and it function. It is great tool for PC, wchich made simple xex's with one music at the time - for me it is only demo for Atari users (xexs with only one music, not function LOAD or sth like this), but - in Bunsen opinion - it is fully functional apps for Atari. In my opinion - that style of this "tool" disqualifies it from Abbuc Software Contest - in Bunsen opinion - not. It is not clear in rules for me in this case - so, what is Your opinion? I chequed option "only demonstration of player".

In http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/171807-atari-vgm-player/ topic I made discussion with Bunsen about Atari VGM Player and it function. It is great tool for PC, wchich made simple xex's with one music at the time - for me it is only demo for Atari users (xexs with only one music, not function LOAD or sth like this), but - in Bunsen opinion - it is fully functional apps for Atari. In my opinion - that style of this "tool" disqualifies it from Abbuc Software Contest - in Bunsen opinion - not. It is not clear in rules for me in this case - so, what is Your opinion? I chequed option "only demonstration of player".

I've never said that it is an "fully functional apps". I've said "OK, you can't directly access the player via the atari, so this case is not undisputable. Maybe it were smarter to split player code and sounddata, but it was the decision of the author to make it this way and we had to make our decision". I think, contest voters have seen that it was only a small coding effort, with the result that it has earned less points.

Your poll is polemic. And with the choice of your words and the range of your poll answers you influence the voters.

What do you want to show with your poll? Me, Sikor, I'm right and you, Bunsen, are wrong? Okay, you've said it already. And I said what I had to say. I don't want to say anything more to this topic.

What do you want to show with your poll? Me, Sikor, I'm right and you, Bunsen, are wrong? Okay, you've said it already. And I said what I had to say.

No, I want know opinion other peoples. Maybe it will be point to clear ASC rules for future. For me generated on other computers not useful utils/tools (simply demo/intro apps) are wrong to take part of contest. But, I wrote before - this is Yours club and decision are yours.